0x is looking to hire a Software Engineer — Periscope Trading to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in San Francisco.
We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together to actualize that mission.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of the 0x protocol; a network of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that facilitates decentralized exchange of blockchain-based digital assets.
0x is a secure, publicly owned, publicly governed, upgradable software standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
About Periscope Trading
Periscope Trading is a special division of 0x Labs. Founded in April 2020, we focus on providing liquidity as “Market Makers” on all sorts of crypto markets, with an initial focus on providing on-chain liquidity via the 0x protocol.
Periscope embraces a broad landscape of opportunity including: token arbitrage, multi-chain market making, sophisticated liquidity provision into AMM’s, derivatives, “play to earn” arbitrage and mining, and more.
The Role: Software Engineer
As part of Periscope’s small engineering team, you’ll notably help shape our work culture and operating practices.
We're seeking colleagues who:
- Can theorize novel alpha strategies as well as write code
- Find the process of solving problems (and learning how to solve problems) without a known best practice to be motivating!
- Thrive working independently and autonomously as a high-output individual contributor; while at the same time, are experienced in and enjoy working collaboratively with a small, fast-moving team
- Value transparency in providing and receiving 360-degree visibility to and from the team
- Are comfortable with economic risks and competitive game theory
- Are comfortable as part of a remote team with 24x7 market exposure
- Are highly motivated to advance our aggressive strategic goals of instigating competitive and consumable DeFi liquidity
We're seeking a full stack software engineer to help scale our initial success stories into a multi-strategy, international trading desk and further explore the tidal wave of emergent trading opportunities.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS -- basic (e.g. IAM, S3, Secrets Manager, EC2 + networking)
- Networking basics: HTTP/REST, websockets, SSH
- Ethereum libs, APIs
- Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- Docker and Docker-compose, K8s
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (i.e. not limited to “academic” accomplishments)
- 2-3 years experience as a Software Engineer, working with blockchain and/or trading tech, teams, and motivations
- Professional experience developing production-quality software in (one or more of) Python, Go, Typescript
Other Areas of Interest or Experience
- Developing HPC systems (Go, C++)
- ETL and data pipeline solutions (FOSS solutions, Kafka, Redis, Airflow)
- Building distributed systems
- Interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3
- Developing and working with computer security, highly sensitive credentials and “secrets”
- Highly competitive salary and equity (in 0xLabs) with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Trading Team bonus compensation based on performance
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Meals and snacks provided in office daily
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Choice of fully remote (International location is fine!) supplemented by a fantastic office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
Not the perfect fit?