KeeperDAO is looking to hire a remote Sr. Backend Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Compensation Range: $210k-722k (dependent on expertise).
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who loves to program and build software. You will join a team of expert crypto enthusiasts who are leading the DeFi frontier of MEV capture and distribution. You will create and contribute to automation software and infrastructure that powers DeFi protocols within the Ethereum ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to write smart contracts and build the software that controls them. You will be working with some of the top minds in the crypto space. Building backend infrastructure and software automation should be your thing. We’re looking for someone who wants to be the best in the world at engineering all things DeFi, and who is familiar with and fascinated by protocol design, efficiency, tokenomics, and automation. This job shouldn’t be viewed as a stepping stone to some other role. If you are successful here, this should be the last job you ever need to have.
- Design, implement, and test new features and protocol integrations for the Coordinator, our service that coordinates value extraction by Keepers from across all of DeFi
- Design, implement and test new features and protocol integrations for Ninja, the team Keeper.
- Develop competitive trading strategies for executing orders in the Coordination Game.
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at KeeperDAO requires you to be a professional
- Team players only: We build things together. Egos are left at the door
- A High EQ
- 6+ years professional experience engineering production backend systems in Python
- Experience writing performance optimized code
- Comfort and experience implementing complex systems
- Strong foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Experience architecting and owning maintainable applications
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Experience building and deploying production web3 systems
- Comfortable with Linux based Operating Systems
- Able to reason adversarially about a program
- Able to produce thorough and extensive automated tests
- Experience building DeFi applications
- Financial literacy and familiarity with markets and financial instruments is strongly preferred
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
- An understanding of Ethereum, blockchain, DeFi, etc
- Experience leading small teams as a tech lead or architect
- Experience with Solidity, GETH, AWS, Redis
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits KeeperDAO.
- No complicated vesting: The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: KeeperDAO will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Working at KeeperDAO
Working at KeeperDAO gives you the ability to work on what you want to work on and make meaningful change.
We are a relatively young, committed, and globally distributed team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry (some of which used to work at companies like Google and NASA before joining us). We celebrate diversity of opinions and encourage healthy debate.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and understanding work environment. Our DAO is a space for you to work, learn and innovate, and have a great time doing so. At KeeperDAO, you can bring your 'whole self' to work. There's no need for masks, no middle managers to please, no office politics, no hierarchical rat race. Our team members have a diverse set of interests, experiences, and cultural backgrounds, and we encourage you to share yours with us.
We're working towards becoming a Teal organization. We operate with natural hierarchies, meaning that if you have the expertise you'll be fully powerful, and as such you'll be consulted for all matters engineering. We operate with self-managing teams: meaning, no middle managers to veto your brilliant ideas. (For more, see the book: Reinventing Organizations, by Frederic Laloux)
Not the perfect fit?