Yearn is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer to help us build the next generation of decentralized financial products.
Our mission is to make DeFi simple and accessible to everyone. The Yearn Finance ecosystem is a gateway for a set of Decentralized Finance solutions that allow users to optimize their earnings on crypto assets through our products.
Decentralized Finance enables the creation and utilization of financial services anywhere for anyone regardless of ethnicity, age, or cultural identity. This, in turn, creates more open, free, and fair financial markets which are accessible to anyone with an internet connection.
You will have the ability to contribute to our existing suite of products, as well as the ability to influence the creation, design, and deployment of future products. We are looking for a SR Smart Contract Engineer who can quickly onboard into the team and start working on initiatives across vault strategies, auditing, and partner integration.
What You'll Do:
- Be part of an amazing cross-functional / self-organized development team
- Work with product owner and designers to rapidly iterate, prototype, experiment, and launch products
- Own products end-to-end including backend development and testing
- Drive high-level decisions about Yearn’s Smart Contract architecture
- Design, implement, test, and audit Smart Contract upgrades and additions
- Help us in scaling our on-chain infrastructure
- Developing production-quality code
- Engaging with security and auditing firms
- Evaluating L2 and scalability solutions
- Drive integration efforts with other protocols
- Contribute to strategies development
- Responsible for technical documentation and code reviews
- Keep up-to-date with DeFi ecosystem updates and contribute new/relevant ideas
What You Bring to Yearn:
- 5+ years experience as a Developer
- 3+ years as a Smart Contracts Developer
- Experience in shipping production quality code to Ethereum mainnet
- Experience interacting with the EVM and writing high-quality, well-tested Vyper or Solidity contracts
- Deep understanding of cryptography, especially Ethereum and the inner workings of the EVM
- You have a deep understanding of the current DeFi ecosystem
- You have ideally used DeFi protocols and integrated these before
- You have a good understanding of backend and web server development, you can abstract the complexity of low-level Smart Contract interactions with scripting and basic REST APIs
- You are excited about the future of decentralized finance and want to play a role in it
- Experience working with development frameworks like Brownie or Hardhat
- Autonomous mindset to move tasks from start (conversation) to finish (deployment)
- You are happy to work in a remote-only environment using Agile development practices
Benefits & Perks
- Disrupting status quo through excellence: We take pride in our work and DeFi products We may play in a competitive environment, but our ultimate goal is to grow and support our flourishing ecosystem.
- Flexibility: We support autonomous remote work on either a full-time or part-time basis. Whether you choose to complete bounties as they are posted, continuously contribute in one of our open roles, or make your own role at Yearn, you have the flexibility to add value and join the community however you see fit.
- Learn and Grow: You will be surrounded by a community of enthusiastic and passionate people. At Yearn self-starters and contributors work alongside some of the brightest minds in the space.
- Horizontal DAO structure: Contributors have immense freedom and autonomy. Our cross-functional teams lead to high levels of cooperation throughout the DAO. Everyone has the opportunity to innovate and shepherd new ideas to fruition.
Interested in being considered? Email email@example.com explaining why you would be a good fit for this role. Want to chat with a recruiter right away? Ping @farrahmay to set up an introductory call.
Not the perfect fit?