SuperRare Labs is looking to hire a Staff Frontend Engineer for its team. This position is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
About SuperRare Labs:
SuperRare Labs (SRL) is a fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent and define the art market for the digital age and to empower the artistic community. We are creators of the SuperRare Network; a diverse and creative ecosystem and a digital art / NFT marketplace for cutting edge digital / 3D / VR artists, creators, and art collectors. SuperRare Labs is built on the Ethereum blockchain and is backed by top-tiered investors (Series A in March 2021). We are growing our team and are looking for passionate and creative people to join us on our vision and journey!
Engineering at SuperRare Labs:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Staff Frontend Engineer who will help plan, execute, and iterate on the next phase of the SuperRare Labs core product. Our engineering team is composed of web, mobile, data, dev ops, and protocol groups that work together to bring a world-class experience for our users. We strive to be more than the sum of our individual parts, and are driven by our core values: candor, autonomy, and communication. We are an all-remote company, but prefer that you have availability during US work hours EST to facilitate better collaboration with your core team. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Own complex technical decisions and problems of our core product
- Raise the bar for our already very talented and motivated frontend engineering team through code reviews, pair programming, definition of best practices, and hands-on feature implementation
- Serve as a point-of-contact for designers and product managers to refine and execute SuperRare’s vision and a world-class product
- Collaborate with backend engineers to design multi-platform APIs (web, iOS, Android)
- Contribute to the overall system architecture and culture of engineering excellence at SuperRare
What you have:
- Excellent communication skills
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, with 5+ years of experience in frontend-focused development
- Prior experience shipping highly polished products and mentoring teams in a fast-moving industry
- The ability to lead productive, timely discussions of technical topics with fellow engineers
- Demonstrable understanding of common frontend architectural patterns and best practices
- A strong desire to leverage your technical talents to empower others throughout the world
SuperRare powers / bonus points if you can demonstrate:
- Past experiences creating data visualizations for data-intensive domains
- Interest or prior experience with functional programming
- Personal or professional blockchain/Ethereum/web3 -based projects
- Experience with dapps or popular browser wallets such as MetaMask, WalletConnect, etc.
- Node.js or Haskell experience
Who you are:
- A collaborator; we’re passionate about teams being more than the sum of their parts and this position will play a critical role in realizing this vision
- A truth-seeker; you have strong opinions but hold them loosely - maintaining a healthy skepticism and willingness to evolve when presented with new information
- A builder; you recognize that in many situations done is better than perfect
- A craftsperson; our work is our art, and the world needs more beauty in it
What we offer:
- An unique opportunity to be part of the growing crypto/NFT community early on, making a meaningful impact to the team as well as the world
- Remote first working culture (work from home or co-working pass)
- Flexible time-off policy
- Annual offsite to meet your fellow peers in-person
- An inclusive work environment
- All the latest tech you need to be successful
- Expense budget for home setup
- Annual professional development reimbursement
- Future opportunity to get paid in crypto currency and $RARE
SuperRare Labs exists at the bleeding edge of a vibrant digital economy seeking to empower creatives all over the world. We believe that digital art, media and crypto-networks represent the future of cultural expression. By providing the platform, tools & technology for artists to become truly independent and self-sovereign - we seek to free artistic expression & advance global culture in both the analog and crypto-native universes.
If working at the tip of a rapidly evolving industry focused on artistic expression and decentralized governance sounds exciting to you - join us as we discover the wild frontier!