About the role:
We are looking for an talented Staff Designer to join our team, focusing on a next-gen social app. The mission for this app is to onboard millions of new people to decentralised social media, powered by Lens Protocol - https://lens.xyz - while abstracting away all the complexity and friction that has traditionally been a part of web3. This role offers a front-row seat to the emerging field of decentralised social media, and is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, talented designer to work with a great team that has shipped some of the leading Web3 applications (Aave, Lens Protocol).
The Aave Companies are a group of software development companies that build open-source, blockchain-based software for the Web3 world. With a mission to reinvent our modern paradigms in the realm of finance, social media and beyond, we are focused on building revolutionary products and protocols that will reinvent the ways we communicate, our financial systems, and our cultural norms. United with one clear goal, the Aave Companies are determined to build a future for users that provide them with better control over their finances, data and social experiences.
Having cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture, our team is kind, welcoming and passionate about what we are building. We celebrate differences and seek to develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool from all over the world. No matter where you are based, no ghost will be left behind and we appreciate every moment we get to work and have fun together.
How you can make an impact:
- Work closely with our VP Product & Design on completing designs for our next-gen, consumer friendly social app
- Collaborate with developers to ensure designs are implemented accurately and effectively
- Create user-centered designs that are intuitive, delightful, and visually appealing
- Develop prototypes and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate design concepts and solutions
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and user analysis to inform design decisions
- Create and maintain design guidelines, style guides, and design systems
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web3
Let’s connect if:
- Proven experience in product design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design skills and process
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Excellent design sensibilities and understanding of typography, colour and layout
- Experience of working in a startup environment on high-growth consumer apps
- Experience with web3
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with user research, usability testing, and user analysis
- Expertise in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Understanding of front-end development technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS and React
- Familiarity with design thinking and agile methodologies
If you're passionate about designing exceptional user experiences and want to join a fast-paced all-star team, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio for consideration.