Rook Labs is now hiring for a Storyteller-In-Residence (SIR) to uncover, craft and communicate captivating stories about the Rook Protocol, our product suite, and the broader DeFi industry.
This position has been closed
The Ideal Profile
- If a recruitment genie granted us just one wish-list, this would be the wish-list we’d ask: ”A T-shaped skill set that comprises of part-storyteller, part-research analyst, investigative journalist, copywriter and content writer who is comfortable with social media and community comms (if we were allowed another wish, we’d add ‘public relations’ skills too).
- A professional with a deep understanding and demonstrable expertise in harnessing the power of online media to drive user and community growth. You don’t just claim it - you show it: case studies, viral posts, frameworks and playbooks you’ve made yourself or have used with success.
- Autonomous and pro-active because the “best idea wins” - so if that’s your idea - you’ll be expected to take lead to bring it to life.
- This is a full-time position (after completing a mutually agreed paid trial).
- Tell captivating stories about anything pertaining to the Rook ecosystem. The DAO, Rook Labs, the Rook Protocol, the treasury, and our product suite.
- Build the social media content and community calendar aligning content to target audiences and mapping content to their respective stages in the buyer’s journey and stages of prospect ^awareness (^there are 5 stages, ideally you know them).
- Scour social media, looking for opportunities to engage, both for the protocol and the DAO, as well as for key team members.
- Manage the growth of social media profiles for key team members to position their accounts as thought leaders and persons of influence in our industry.
- Schedule the publishing of your content calendar through Typefully.
- Strategize content beyond marketing tweets, considering organizational news, governance updates and timely, topical industry happenings.
- Strategize how you’ll incorporate Rook into conversations we need to be heard. Conversations about the topics our technology solve and/or topics by industry leaders addressing the problems we solve.
- Routinely capture and report social analytics to Marketing to ensure social media is a data-driven department that measures SMART goals against campaign objectives. Highlight wins and whys (so we can replicate and scale) and identify areas of improvement (refine or retire).
- Provide a daily recap of the most important, relevant Twitter news in our internal Discord server.
- Build and maintain a list of content syndication partners from channels, influencers, bloggers and journalists to nurture relationships that will help your efforts with content distribution and amplification.
- Be the social eyes-and-ears of Rook Labs by sharing industry intelligent and insights on competitors, media outlets, channels, influencers and notable events and persons that should be on our radar and incorporated into a wider communications and marketing strategy.
- Communicate feedback about our project, protocol and products - and any other relevant intelligence - back to the marketing team.
- Write content beyond social posts (blogs, press releases, listicles, etc) and proof read content written by others within Rook Labs to ensure it aligns with our marketing and communications strategy and matches our tone of voice as used on socials.
- Keep track of a list of relevant hashtags and keywords, and ideate and propose appropriate responses and engagement strategies for the project Twitter account, as well as for key team members.
- Facilitate our DOAs community in spreading the Rook narrative far and wide by providing them with tweet inspiration, creative assets (including memes) and incentives.
- Strategize and implement social and community competitions. Gather the data and make recommendations on refining, repurposing or retiring said competitions and campaigns.
- Driving measurable, meaningful growth through social channels.
Requirements (Your Check-List)
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at Rook Labs requires you to be a professional
- Team players only: We build things together. Ego’s are left at the door
- A High EQ
- Strong curiosity or understanding of the DeFi/web3 industry landscape
- 1-3 years experience managing social media channels, such as Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, and other emerging channels to generate leads and create or maintain a company’s brand.
- You need to have demonstrable expertise in social media marketing and community building. Meaning: proven ability to drive user and community member acquisition and growth via social channels. This role isn’t for someone to ‘figure it out on the go’. You need to be able to come in with a methodology for achieving our desired social media outcomes. You will be expected to own and lead in your role by presenting your strategic approach.
- Work experience in Web3/DeFi is ideal and preferred, but not required. If you are a subject matter expert you will be able to adapt to the quirky ways of social media marketing for Web3 pretty fast.
- The ideal candidate will have a native understanding of social media; serious writing chops and written / visual creativity; and a deep passion for DeFi and Web3.
- You need to have a well-developed ability to know when or when not to engage in certain topics (a.k.a. avoid Twitter traps).
- The ability to produce content that’s on-brand at all times and conforms to Rook Labs’ brand guidelines. You know how to research and incorporate the ‘voice of customer’ for different target audiences.
- You know different content formats and what they should look like to be best practice and industry acceptable. e.g. how to write a press release to Associated Press (AP) standards.
- You’re good with grammar and found the typos in this job description. Tell us how many you found in your first sentence/subject line of your application.
- Note: While it’s great to have all of the above, it’s not a prerequisite.
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams.
- A strong, distinctive tone of voice.
- Well-connected in the DeFi, crypto and Web3 space.
- Developer marketing experience in the B2B technology space.
- Strong familiarity with social performance analytics and reporting.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: You will earn a highly competitive compensation that pays above the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Equal pay for equal work: Compensation is indiscriminate of where you live. All compensation is benchmarked to the San Francisco Bay area, which is amongst the highest in the world.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like. Seriously. We have contributors from every corner of the globe with a distributed team across southern and northern hemispheres.
- Work smarter, not harder: You can work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- You’ll Help Build the Future of Finance: We’re reimagining finance, so your work will make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system. We are building a future that doesn’t exist today - so this isn’t cutting edge - you’re on the cusp of bleeding-edge technology. There’s no roadmap for where we’re going - and you’re part of that story and glory.