STATUS: Part-Time or Full-Time Contributor
Friends with Benefits is the ultimate cultural membership powered by a community of our favorite Web3 creatives, artists, and thinkers.By holding $FWB tokens, you not only get access to major benefits from exclusive events, content, and community, but you are also literally invested in the community’s success, participating in the upside of the value we create together.
FWB is the leading cultural DAO with over 2000 community members around the world.
The Treasury Lead (CFO) will lead the development of a financial planning vision premised on evolution and improvement; to design processes founded on partnerships with the business, built on trust, and designed to be efficient. You will oversee the traditional budget, forecasting and planning process, but tasked with evolving a progressive DAO playbook into creative Web3 DeFi frameworks.
You will also oversee the Financial leadership and development of frameworks for FWB’s sub-DAOs as they form and will set the vision for FP&A at FWB parent DAO. You will manage reporting and analysis at the parent DAO level, developing periodic reporting for the community, and working with the tax, accounting, and strategic advisory groups to help FWB move forward on its journey.
This role is broken down into three core functions:
- Financial Processes
- Treasury Diversification
You obviously do not need to be an expert in all three categories but rather, the ideal candidate has a core expertise in Financial Processes with a deep inclination and fast learning curve to develop a basis of knowledge in Treasury Diversification and Tokenomics by proxy of an advisory council of experts in each.
What you will accomplish:
- Collaborate and set the long-term financial strategy for FWB globally across all business units
- Lead the Finance leadership for any FWB sub-DAOs, ensuring that they have the capabilities, tools and support necessary to drive financial strategy as well as their unique tokenomics and parent to nested DAO incentive framework.
- Lead FWB community conversations related to financial strategy, performance and results
- Analyze tokenomics of FWB and coordinate with the community and Memberships team to create and maintain membership economics that are fair, equitable, and sustainable
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the entrepreneurial spirit and what is needed to support a creative and aspirational organization that seeks to balance discipline with flexibility
- Work with the Controller and Operations lead to oversee all financial and accounting functions, including financial modeling, multi-year forecasting, analysis, budgeting, accounting, management of receivables and payables, purchasing process, payroll and expense management, cash and currency management, tax (domestic and international) compliance and strategy, and cost allocations
- Explore creative strategies to maximize our treasury and DAO’s financial and cultural capital.
The successful candidate will
- Be a true finance partner who is analytically strong, able to get into the details of the DAO, and helps us work through key decisions around pricing, tokenomics, marketing, etc. including financing for ROI-driven member acquisition strategies
- Be a strategic partner who engages authoritatively in management-level discussions about financial and DAO operations strategy
- Drive and operate agile and effective planning, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management processes
- Keep the regular finance and accounting rhythms of a business with hundreds of blockchains transactions each month running reliably and accurately
- Collaborate with M&A and fundraising discussions as needed
- Have experience and a passion for leading teams, and for developing and retaining talent
- Be able and willing to get into the trenches and do the work when needed, while also always holding on to the big picture view
- Community-oriented builder who values transparency and discourse.
- Be a no-drama, team player who models and demonstrates integrity, agility and drive
- Proven experience running traditional company or DAO finance teams
- FP&A experience with subscription- or membership-based business models
- Solid understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Venture backed startup experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience and passion in the Web3 space, especially for social token projects
- Treasury diversification strategies
- Tokenomics understanding
- Participated in defi summer
If you are interested in this role, please apply and if it's a good potential fit, someone from the FWB team will reach out directly