Rook Labs is looking to hire a remote Video Creator. This is a part-time position that is 100% remote.
About Rook Labs
The purpose of Rook is to make value exchange as beneficial as possible for users and protocols. We believe that the value created by a transaction - the maximum possible amount of value created as a result of that transaction - belongs to those that own the assets: the buyer and the seller.
That’s why we have built the Rook protocol: An open, equitable, and distributed MEV marketplace that captures and hands back the value to those who have the right to it.
This marketplace provides the fundamental architecture to allow DeFi to fulfill its promise of building a financial infrastructure that can outcompete TradFi, while maintaining the fair, inclusive, and user-centric ethos of DeFi.
We are looking for an experienced Video Creator to help us create the best video content in all of Web3. This will start off on a Contract-Basis, with the opportunity to later transition into a Part-Time Employment (PTE) or perhaps even a Full-Time Employment (FTE) position. For this role we are looking for someone who is an expert at explainer-style content, general video editing, and is passionate about engaging an audience.
We want you to help us create a deep library of video content that truly conveys our technical concepts like this series here. To help us grow our Youtube channel. To be the go-to for video edits and livestream support. Master of the timeline.
- Create & edit video content including, but not limited to:
- Explainer videos
- Onboarding videos
- Livestream recordings
- Case studies
- Social stories
- Event recaps
- Use editing & motion graphics to effectively convey technical concepts.
- Manage and post content to our Youtube channel.
- Customize Youtube videos with all relevant titles, descriptions, annotations, tags,
- Compile & present performance and subscriber analytics.
- Set up support livestreams and video calls.
- Collaborate with various teams to produce relevant content.
- We are looking for people with high agency.
- Working at KeeperDAO requires you to be a professional.
- Team players only: We build things together. Egos are left at the door.
- A High EQ (emotional intelligence).
- Demonstrable expertise in creating high-quality, high-quantity video content .
- Professional command of industry-standard editing tools like Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects.
- Proficiency in basic-to-intermediate motion graphics. Your explainer videos should flow.
- Experience with customizing and posting Youtube videos.
- Able to translate the creative vision of the Creative Director into professional grade video content.
- Ability to work remotely in a consistent and productive manner.
- Ability to stay focused and balanced in the fast-paced — and sometimes chaotic — world of DeFi.
- Ability to find solutions without excessive hand holding (i.e. productive autonomy).
- Strong literal and abstract communication and comprehension skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of DeFi (decentralized finance) and blockchains.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience (in-house or freelance).
- Experience working in small (3-8 person) creative teams.
- Previous experience in growing and managing a YouTube channel.
- Understanding effective use of video content in marketing.
- Located in a timezone in the western hemisphere for easier collaboration.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits KeeperDAO.
- No complicated vesting: The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: KeeperDAO will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.