Gnosis is looking to hire a Technical Writer to join the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
About Gnosis and Circles UBI
Gnosis Chain is the product of the merger of Gnosis and xDai. As one of Ethereum’s earliest sidechains, Gnosis Chain has quiet but significant real world usage and will embark on an aggressive technical roadmap with the objective of accelerating Ethereum. Gnosis Chain is also where Ethereum’s colourful and quirky spirit lives on, as the original home that incubated many defining projects like POAP, Burner Wallet, Dark Forest, Circles UBI, and Perpetual Protocol.
Gnosis also recently became the incubator for blockchain UBI project Circles, which saw several hundred thousand sign-ups upon launch in 2020 and currently undergoes updates to enable further scaling and sustained use.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Writer who will help building great developer content for Circles UBI as well as provide QA for the general Gnosis Chain documentation. The Technical Writer writes, edits, and reviews product documentation. This role will produce top-quality learning materials, particularly technical documentation, and work closely with our Engineering and Marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Ethereum/EVM developer that has experience in Solidity, web3, and who is familiar with writing documentation for developing, testing, and troubleshooting Ethereum/EVM-based applications.
- Compend Circles UBI resources into a well structured developer portal. Circles emerged as a community project without a dedicated full time team and this is reflected in the status of the documentation (https://handbook.joincircles.net/docs/developers/)
- Write and update technical documentation including user guides, developer tutorials, and API documentation
- Create technical blogs, how-tos, videos, on topics related to Circles and Gnosis Chain development
- Collaborate with different teams to improve other documentation within Gnosis (Gnosis Chain, Gnosis Guild)
- Help maintain the Developer Portal site for the Gnosis Chain project (https://docs.gnosischain.com/)
- Regularly update our existing docs, cleaning up any material that’s not useful to people
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
- Write blog posts on Gnosis R&D efforts
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to analyse complex, technical topics and turn them into easy-to-understand documentation
- Excellent knowledge of Github and Markdown
- Experience with optimised site generators such as Docusaurus, Gitbook, or others
- You have good programming skills in at least one language
- Proven ability to learn new technologies
- Basic knowledge in HTML and CSS
- Fluent in English, spoken, reading, and writing
- Experience in a Developer Relations or Technical Education role
- Experience with Blockchain and Crypto
- Experience with Ethereum
- Experience with Solidity
- Familiarity with Circles
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? → We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets;
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? → You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem;
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure;
- Not really an early bird? No worries! → Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture;
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you all tools you need! But most important - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!Please apply with your (English) resume. We look forward to your application!
The Gnosis mission has always been centered on building decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. When Gnosis was founded in 2015, it focused on building prediction markets to enable worldwide access to accurate information. While creating the prediction market platform, it became clear that Gnosis needed to build the infrastructure required to support it.
As a DAO, Gnosis uses the products that it creates to transparently guide decisions on the development, support, and governance of its ecosystem.
Gnosis Safe (multisig and programmable account), Cow Protocol (formerly CowSwap and Gnosis Protocol), Conditional Tokens (prediction markets), Gnosis Auction, and Zodiac (standard and tooling for composable DAOs) are all products incubated by Gnosis. Their success is demonstrated by the recent spin-out of Cow Protocol and the formation of SafeDAO. By combining needs-driven development with deep technical expertise, Gnosis has built the decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem.