Pocket Network is looking to hire an Accountant to join the team.
About Pocket Network
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
What you'll do
The Bookkeeper will oversee a company's financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
In this role, you will:
- Own the maintenance of accounts in QuickBooks
- Maintain chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
- Maintaining records of financial transactions by posting and verifying
- Journal entries to complete the ledger categories
- Arrange transactions in QuickBooks to ensure proper categorization
- Prepare reconciliations in QuickBooks
- Maintain a balanced general ledger by allocating the appropriate ledger to vendors and expenses
- Ensure bank account is reconciled on a daily basis
- Assist with the completion, preparation, and recording of tax forms or data including but not limited to 1099, 409A, etc.
- Monthly credit card and payment reconciliation
- Track and record ongoing sales revenue
- Manage Accounts payable and ensure timely recording of payment
- Manage Bill balance reconciliation with Chase to ensure no duplicates or pending bills exist
- Sync and reconcile the payment platforms Ramp and Bill to QuickBooks
- Support HR to ensure payroll data successfully syncs to QuickBooks on a monthly basis.
- Create and present a month end close deck with the Corporate Controller to ensure final accounts
- Collaborate with the Corporate Controller on year end accounts close and compliance
- Assit with ensuring accounts are closed timely and accurately and developing a close schedule
- Support the tax consultant with accounting requirements for ad hoc data and analysis as requested
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper or similar role
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Quickbooks
- Strong accounting skills required
- QuickBooks certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAPs
- Prior experience working with a United State based company preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Data entry management
- What we are offering *
- Competitive compensation depending on qualifications $12-$18k
- Competitive token vesting package (to be determined upon receiving an offer)
- Competitive Equity package (to be determined upon receiving an offer)
- Remote work and a flexible work schedule
$12k – $18k • 0.05% – 0.08%