Polygon is looking to hire a Associate, Entertainment & Business Development to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
This role is designed to be a mid-level business development and partnership creation role for both existing and new businesses in the broader Entertainment category, including art, celebrity, fashion, film, music, retail, and sports.
The ideal candidate has 5-8 years of experience establishing third-party partnerships with start-up, indie, or major brands, labels, leagues, production companies, studios, or other organizations operating in the broader Entertainment category. Experience at a consumer-centric platform working with these kinds of third-party partners to drive their adoption of the platform is preferred but not necessary.
The Associate will employ their expertise and industry connections to grow business for Polygon. The activities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, reaching out, communicating the features of Polygon blockchain, and integrating/onboarding new partners to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem.
You will work closely with members of the extended Polygon Studios Entertainment+ BD team to strategize and prioritize potential partnerships and grow third-party adoption.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a mid-level, sole contributor role reporting to the Head of Entertainment+ Business Development.
What you need to succeed:
- Understand industry best practices and trends within several Entertainment verticals and advise how organizations within those verticals can join and interact with the web3 Polygon ecosystem
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and web3 applications and concepts
- Possess industry knowledge of Entertainment revenue points and host discussions around complementing and enhancing success through a web3 revenue generation business model
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution
- Identify the kind of solutions required for web3 integrations and onboarding with notable players and properties in the broader entertainment category
- Perform project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and engagement of different Polygon internal business units
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge and drive web3 adoption
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy