Aptos is looking to hire a Business Development Lead, Consumer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a Business Development Lead to create our partnerships strategy, close deals, manage partners and introduce CPG, retail, luxury goods and consumer loyalty programs to web3 and blockchain technologies through adoption of the Aptos network. As a lead, you will be responsible for scoping potential partners in the commerce, luxury brand, and consumer loyalty verticals, building deep relationships at the executive, brand manager, and even manufacturing level, forming and executing our partnership strategy, building internal business cases, negotiating complex deals, and working cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. You should also expect to participate meaningfully in marketing discussions as we plan the sponsorships and other experiences we will create with these commerce and consumer loyalty partners to promote Aptos. Finally, we expect significant cross-functional cooperation to provide in-market research and intel to help us create new products to address needs in the consumer space.What you'll be doing:
- Research CPG companies, luxury goods houses, and digital commerce loyalty programs that are interested in bringing crypto and web3 collectibles, authentication, token gating and other new products and features into their products and services to choose the best partners for Aptos
- Developing and closing large, notable partner opportunities that will advance our mission
- Provide a strategic perspective to marketing, product, and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Work alongside other partnerships leads to develop a comprehensive set of partners needed for our project
- Working closely with our recruiting team to hire and lead new partnerships teammates
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company, sports agency, team, or league.
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of the blockchain & crypto industry preferred
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities across sports teams and leagues
- A deep and relevant network with industry leaders across sporting events, teams, and leagues
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- MBA or JD preferred
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Not the perfect fit?