Aptos is looking to hire a Business Development Lead - Media, Entertainment, & Social Networks to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a Business Development Lead to create our partnerships strategy, close deals, manage partners and eventually build a team to bring Media, Entertainment, and Social Networks into web3 and blockchain technologies. As a lead, you will be responsible for scoping potential partners in the Media, Entertainment, and Social Networks vertical, building deep relationships at the executive level, forming and executing our partnership strategy, building internal business cases, negotiating complex deals, and working cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. As we grow our presence in this vertical, and if you perform at a high level, we would expect you to anchor and lead a partnerships team dedicated to bringing in more business and managing the partners in Media, Entertainment, and Social Networks. What you'll be doing:
- Research media, entertainment, and social network companies that are interested in bringing crypto and web3 services into new products and features land to choose the best partners for our project
- Developing and closing large, notable partner opportunities that will advance our mission
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Work alongside other partnerships leads to develop a comprehensive set of partners needed for our project
- Working closely with our recruiting team to hire and lead new partnerships teammates
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of the blockchain & crypto industry preferred
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities across media, sports, entertainment, and social networking
- A deep and relevant network with industry leaders across tech, media, and social networks
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- MBA or JD preferred
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants