Maple is looking to hire a Capital Markets Associate team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers, Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Remote anywhere in USA
The Capital Markets Associate role calls for an established Finance business development professional. You’ll have started your career in financial sales, specializing in credit, fixed income, derivatives, equities or FX. You’ll be comfortable with working autonomously, executing on defined strategies for new business outreach initiatives, identifying market opportunities and managing the sales life cycle from prospecting & initial outreach to onboarding new lenders on Maple’s platform. You'll be joining and supporting an exceptional team of Capital Market SMEs, taking Maple’s blockchain lending and borrowing platform to market.
The successful candidate will likely have 3+ years experience in capital markets, institutional sales, investment banking or similar roles, in which they built a track record of developing new pipelines, outreach to prospects and producing actionable recommendations through independent insights and analysis.
On the Capital Markets team you will play an integral role bringing in new lenders from the TradFi and DeFi space. In this role you will be required to communicate persuasively with external stakeholders and coordinate with team members from each area of the business to continuously improve conversion cycles and actively grow Maple’s total deposits.
- Grow Maple’s ecosystem of lenders. Increase Maple’s total deposits and manage ongoing relationships to reduce churn and identify opportunities for growth
- Build & Manage the sales pipeline efficiently and effectively
- Drive the execution of capital markets initiatives. Identify new lenders, build pipelines and convert prospects to active conversations
- Be a subject matter expert on the needs of our clients and how they can be addressed by Maple's institutional lending product and yield opportunities
- 3+ years of financial sales experience
- A robust sales process inclusive of targeted and specific outreach, understanding varying needs of lenders, diligent follow through, and a track record of converting
- Knowledge of financial products, bonus points if in credit
- Comfortable with cold outreach
- Excellent organizational skills combined with a dynamic personality
- A high standard of English, both verbal and written
- Practiced at presenting pitches and presentations
- Creativity and flexibility when exploring opportunities and prospecting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships easily and with authenticity
- Proficient in Gsheets and powerpoint
What's in it for you
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency;
- MPL token allocation, giving you a alignment with Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
Last but not Least!
With our current lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Genesis, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Credora and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: