Maple is looking to hire a Capital Markets Associate Director team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers, Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
The Capital Markets Associate Director role calls for an established capital markets business development professional. You’re highly motivated, a self-starter, have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and conviction that the future of finance is on-chain.
The successful candidate will likely have 5+ years experience in capital markets, private credit, investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, or similar roles. The candidate will have built a track record of closing transactions and serving as a trusted advisor to institutional clients through independent insights and analysis.
As Associate Director you will join the Director of Capital Markets and wider Capital Markets team in playing an integral role driving new lender and borrower opportunities from Traditional Finance and Centralized Finance to Maple. In this role you will be required to identify and pursue opportunities, build relationships with external stakeholders and close deals with new lenders to grow Maple’s volume of deposits. Associate Director candidates are expected to work autonomously with little direction required to execute Maples sales strategy. As Associate Director you will have the support of Senior Associates and Associates in the production of pitch materials and execution of deals.
- Proactively prospect and identify new opportunities to acquire lenders from among TradFi institutions, Centralized Finance (CeFi), corporate treasuries, family offices and HNWI
- Build, develop and own relationships with key decision makers at institutions to drive the conversion of leads.
- Serve as trusted consultant and advisor to clients and execute on enterprise/B2B sales processes successfully.
- Attend conferences and in-person events globally to build client relationships.
- Own the sales cycle from discovery, demonstration, due diligence and closing new lenders.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the junior members of the Capital Markets team, developing their skills and reviewing their work product.
- 5+ years in capital markets or sales for an institutional finance, previous startup experience is a plus
- Understanding of credit and lending products, the needs of institutional asset managers and corporate treasuries
- Passion for blockchain and conviction that the future of finance lies on-chain with what Maple is building
- Strong sales instincts, results-focused, and a track record hitting and exceeding goals
- Strong executive presence with excellent communication skills; ability to present to C-suite executives and institutional stakeholders in a seamless way
- Proficient in excel / google sheets
- Based in US or UK
Last but not Least!
With our current lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Genesis, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Credora and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: