Maple is looking to hire a Capital Markets Senior Associate team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, Maple offers a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of crypto’s premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs.
Remote in USA
The Capital Markets BD Senior Associate role calls for an established capital markets business development professional. You’re highly motivated, a self-starter, have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and conviction in decentralized finance.
The successful candidate will likely have 4+ years experience in capital markets, private credit, investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, or similar roles, in which they've built a track record of closing transactions and producing actionable recommendations through independent insights and analysis.
You’ll join the Sales Director and wider Business Development team in playing an integral role driving new lender and borrower opportunities in the TradFi and DeFi space. In this role you will be required to communicate persuasively with external stakeholders and coordinate with team members from each area of the business to continuously improve conversion cycles and actively grow Maple’s TVL. You will also be comfortable with working autonomously, executing on strategies for new and existing business outreach initiatives, identifying market opportunities and managing the full sales life cycle from outreach to onboarding for new Maple clients.
- Grow Maple’s ecosystem of lenders and borrowers; increase Maple’s overall TVL and manage ongoing relationships to reduce churn.
- Support Sales Director to meet targets around TVL growth, new lender acquisition, expedited sales conversion cycles, and analysis surrounding prospecting and sales operations improvements.
- Prospect among TradFi and Defi institutions, market makers, crypto miners, exchanges, lenders, asset managers, hedge funds, and other protocols/DAO’s to identify new clients.
- Develop proposals that address clients’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Drive the conversion and closing of sales initiatives, pipelines and partnerships efficiently and effectively
- Define and build your institutional / high-net worth clientele in DeFi and Tradfi
- Be a subject matter expert on the needs of our clients and how they can be addressed by Maple's institutional lending product and DeFi yield opportunities
- 4+ years in capital markets or sales for an institutional finance, previous startup or DeFi experience is a plus
- Understanding of credit, financial structure, and liquidity needs of lenders
- Passion for DeFi and conviction in what Maple is building
- Strong sales instincts, results-focused, and a track record hitting and exceeding goals
- Strong executive presence with excellent communication skills; ability to present to C level executives and institutional stakeholders in a seamless way
- Proficient in excel / google sheets
- Must be based in US
What's in it for you
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency, plus performance-based component in USDC/fiat;
- MPL token allocation, giving you a alignment with Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
Last but not Least!
With our current 7 lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Celcius, X-Margin and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: