Polygon is looking to hire a Country General Manager to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
In this role, you are the General Manager for Polygon’s team in Korea, focused on driving Polygon’s growth across all business verticals, including but not limited to gaming, entertainment, sports, NFTs, and enterprise.
To be successful, you will need to leverage your extensive strategy, business development, partnerships experience and industry connections to attract companies across the spectrum (e.g., AAA and Indie gaming, major entertainment brands and social influencers, Korean national enterprises and native web3 developers) to build with Polygon. You will also build a team of business development professionals, partner & technical managers, marketing and other functions to serve the needs of the rapidly growing Korean web3 industry.
You will work closely with the Polygon gaming, entertainment, enterprise and partner success teams to develop your local business strategy and align on business objectives.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior role and would report directly to the COO.
- 10-12+ years in Business Development with experience in one, or ideally more of gaming, entertainment, enterprise, partnerships and sales.
- Strong ability to build and execute a regional strategic planning process and business approach designed to attract and retain the array of applications built with Polygon technology.
- Strong industry connections to be able to know about and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon.
- Grow relationships across verticals to discuss how they could shift business models to web3.
- Proven track record of building C-level business relationships, negotiating complex business agreements and executing partnerships
- The ability to build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Experience with B2B based partnerships, large scale projects or engagements with Fortune-1000 corporations.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs, web3 and blockchain technology.
- Ability to build and grow world class, cross-functional teams.
- Desire and capability to direct, develop and manage the activities, capabilities and careers of the individuals on your team.
- Demonstrated experience building a high performing organization.
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with senior management and cross-functional teams within Polygon and external partners.
- A desire to learn as you'll often be answering questions that have never been answered before, which requires a high level of intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to dive into new problems, domains, tools, and techniques.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both Korean and English
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy