Mirror is looking to hire a Design Lead
At Mirror, our mission is to use web3 technology in order to reimagine the ways people publish, fund projects, and build communities online. We are a small, passionate team with a breadth of experience that has been building in web3 for years. Together, we aspire to build products that are beautiful and intuitive, without compromising on user sovereignty or decentralization.
Mirror is a web3-native publishing platform that powers a new writing ecosystem. Writers on Mirror don’t just publish, they build communities and fund projects using NFTs. Readers on Mirror don’t just consume content, they collect and become patrons, and discover new projects and writers in each other’s collections. All of this happens within a tightly integrated web3 product that is centered around an intuitive editor that allows writers to incorporate smart contract-based economic blocks.
We’re a remote first company. We've raised close to $14 million from investors that include a16z crypto, Union Square Ventures, and Variant.
- Lead our team through the entire design process from conception to launch
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to design, research and ship new and improved products that increase clarity and user agency of web3 publishing and community building
- Drive and deliver several design projects with the enthusiasm of innovating in the crypto space
- Use a human-centered approach with qualitative and quantitative data to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs
- Provide design direction and standards inspired by enabling creators to fund and sustain their practice in novel ways
- Contribute to creating a unified design system that increases the velocity of the frontend engineering team
- A track record of defining and executing on new and ambiguous ideas
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer on user-facing applications
- Comfortable with all aspects of design process including research, wireframing, low & high fidelity design and prototyping
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience mentoring and inspiring a team of designers providing constructive feedback and guidance
- Experience designing with Figma
- A desire to design within the context of web3
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Ethereum and web3, and the nuances of wallets, tokens, transactions, etc.
- Enjoys writing (to have empathy with users)
Here are some of our benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Work-from-home/remote office setup stipend
- Home internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, with premiums paid by the company
- $50,000 life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, with premiums paid by company
- Three months’ baby bonding leave
- Remote-first teamwork with team and community members around the world
- Team offsites for periodic in-person collaborative strategy sessions
- Passionate, supportive team dedicated to learning and growing together in web3