Compound is looking to hire a remote Director of Business Development & Partnerships to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Most bank accounts earn almost 0% interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound Treasury is a regulated on-ramp that bridges the gap between traditional finance and DeFi. Powered by the team and technology behind the Compound protocol - an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain and one of the largest DeFi protocols on earth - Compound Treasury allows institutions to earn a fixed 4% APR while abstracting away operational complexities, private key management, fiat-to-crypto conversion, and interest rate volatility. And this is only v1.
As Compound Treasury’s Director of Business Development & Partnerships, you will be a key member accelerating a newly launched product in the crypto and institutional investor space. You will be responsible for expanding our audience and market, spearheading needle-moving partnerships, and advancing our strategy. You will collaborate closely with sales, marketing, operations, compliance, legal, and product and engineering.
The Director of Business Development and Partnerships is not meant to focus on sales or to be explicitly customer facing; instead, the focus is strategic, owning relationships with existing partners and industry leaders and solving problems that expand our market such as why, how, and when do we enter X country or make our offering more compelling to Y market segment. The role will take on initiatives that add step function growth to our business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with technical and business teams to develop and accelerate a strategy to build the best products in the market, acquire customers across the world, and optimize our unit economics
- Provide leverage for every team to exponentially improve or accelerate every facet of Compound Treasury’s technology, product, business, and operations
- Cultivate and own new and existing relationships and align our partner's goals with our goals
- Develop business cases, negotiate deals, resolve issues, and collaborate with partners to expand the pie and create win-win economics for us and our partners
- Become a subject matter expert for Compound Treasury’s industry, technology, product, and market
- Hone a long term perspective on macro changes and market trends to inform strategies and roadmaps
- Balance technical, product, and business constraints, goals, and priorities to achieve the highest impact for our customers, business, and teams with the lowest effort
- Hire, train, and mentor the business development and partnerships organization
- Establish and exceed business development and partnership goals
What You Bring to the Team
- Track record of initiating, negotiating, and closing multi-million dollar deals
- A technical, product, and business oriented mindset
- Strategic and tactical abilities suited to being a strong individual contributor and leader
- Strong executive presence with exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Leadership in a fast-paced environment, capable to taking principled risks
- Highly adaptable, organized, self-driven, and results oriented approach
- 4+ years of strategic business development or partnership experience
- Experience working at startup
- Experience building or scaling a diverse business development and partnership team
- Experience with developing high performance deal processes and partnership programs
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at a fintech or crypto startup
- Interest in crypto or financial products
- User of DeFi products
- Rolodex of crypto/fintech-industry players, institutional investors, and corporate treasuries
- MBA or JD
Benefits + Perks
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company on-sites across the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Founded in 2017, Compound Labs is backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.
Not the perfect fit?