Maple is looking to hire an Operations Manager team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers, Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Remote in USA
As an early hire on the Operations team, you will be in a unique position to help scale and shape our processes and structure. This role is a great opportunity to play a meaningful role and develop strategic initiatives at a mission-driven company. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, keen attention to detail, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Operations team works closely with all functional areas of the business to improve Maple’s effectiveness and efficiency. The team acts as a thought partner to leadership, helping the company stay organized and coordinated.
- Lead the execution of high-impact, cross-functional projects;
- Support and improve financial operations including but not limited to AP/AR processes in Fiat and Crypto and expense reporting
- Assist in the month-end closing process
- Support the budgeting process working with stakeholders from across the company
- Run payroll processes for domestic and international employees
- Report and provide analysis on financial KPIs and business performance/health
- Project manage ad hoc initiatives and set up new business processes
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, operations or other analytically-intensive roles at software companies
- Agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, communicate with a high degree of clarity and effectiveness
- Passion for solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Strong interest in and familiarity with cryptocurrency and finance industries
- Experience and proven track record in operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience with BI tools and SQL are a plus
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or a similar major
What's in it for you
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency
- MPL token allocation, giving you a stake in Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
Last but not Least!
With our current lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Genesis, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Credora and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.