Aptos is looking to hire a Foundation Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the role:
The Aptos Foundation has a mission to help support and build the Aptos community while driving mass adoption of blockchain and web3 technologies. The Aptos blockchain aims to create universal and fair access to decentralized assets for billions of people.
What you'll be doing (Scope):
- Contribute to the development of the Aptos app ecosystem, which entails attracting, onboarding, and managing developers who build applications on Aptos
- Work cross-functionally to support the execution of new programs and initiatives for engaging with our global partners
- Recruit and onboard professionals needed for the success of the Aptos Foundation
- Design and implement scalable operations, finance, HR, and legal processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with contractors, advisors, external vendors and partners, and employees
- Stay on top of innovative community developments to inform strategies and tactics across the Foundation
- General Aptos outreach and evangelism
What you'll be doing (Tactical Administration):
- Carrying out required actions as the result of token holder votes where legal and applicable (e.g., token holders vote to alter the issuance formula, etc.)
- Conducting board meetings with on-shore directors
- Controlling EOA and multi-signature wallets that custody and issue $APT tokens
- Implementing and maintaining compliance (AML) services
- Administering tools (e.g., Snapshot, Tally, etc.)
- Generally keeping the offshore entities (Cayman + all subsidiaries) in good standing by overseeing all things related to:
- Business filings and registrations
- Accounting and tax
- Risk and compliance
- Human resources
- Vendor management
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in a corporate finance, legal, operations, or other roles with administrative responsibilities.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, crypto wallets, dapps, and token based governance.
- Experience managing direct and cross-functional teams.
- Capacity to own your projects end-to-end, including setting the initial vision, driving execution, and reporting on the ultimate outcomes. Must be able to problem-solve and make tough decisions using a combination of data and intuition.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data, metrics, and trends to generate creative ideas and meaningful actions.
- Creative problem-solving, coupled with strong communication skills.
- Prior experience working for public companies or foundations preferred.
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?