Maple is looking to hire a General Manager of Blockchain Lending team to join the team.
About Pool Delegates + Maple Finance
Maple is creating a new institutional capital marketplace, powered by Blockchain technology. Blue chip institutions borrow from Lending Pools managed by Pool Delegates transparently and efficiently.
A Pool Delegate is a financial institution that manages a lending business enabled by blockchain technology They assess borrowers and negotiate commercial terms with them and manage portfolio risk of loans in their pool.
About Orthogonal Trading
Orthogonal Trading is a multi-strategy cryptocurrency trading firm focused on the digital asset markets. We exploit inefficiencies in digital asset markets by using market neutral arbitrage trading across CeFi and DeFi. We have an emerging institutional lending business unit that utilizes a Blockchain lending platform provided by Maple Finance.
The General Manager of Blockchain Lending is a new role to take on, lead, evolve and grow our newly established lending business. After an incredibly successful 14 months of exploring this expansion, the time has come to solidify this new business vertical at Orthogonal Trading and expand it.
Day 1 you’ll take control of a lending book worth $250Mil and a small team consisting of a Senior Underwriter, a Credit Risk Analyst and a Business Development Manager. You’ll oversee the growth of the lending business looking to double the current lending pool and explore opportunities to expand into new lending verticals. You’ll set the strategic direction, ensure high performance of the team, manage external stakeholders and partnerships and ensure proper Portfolio Management all round.
- Take on leadership of Orthogonal Trading’s Lending Business
- Explore and define strategies for growth of the current lending pool and the opening of new ones
- Manage day to day operations and grow the team, ensuring the highest standards of execution
- Implement and maintain best business practices and compliance
- Portfolio Management including asset-liability matching, liquidity, credit risk and borrower concentration
- Ensure alignment with the wider Orthogonal business goals, initiatives and strategies
- 6+ year experiences in financial services, institutional banking, at a credit fund or alternative lending business.
- Past involvement with restructurings and turnarounds A background in commercial relationship development
- Executive management in hiring, leading teams, performance reviews, career planning
- Commercial growth strategy experience
- Knowledge of Financial Institutions sector
- Crypto understanding and passion a benefit