Decent DAO is looking to hire a Head of Product to join the team.
Who are you?
We are looking for an experienced and visionary Head of Product to lead Decent DAO’s product team and be a major stakeholder in executing our go-to-market strategy. As the Head of Product, you will be a key member of the leadership team, will report to the DAO’s Executive Workstream leader, and will mentor a team of PM leaders, while iterating on the DAO’s GTM strategy and product market fit. The ideal candidate has a vision for the direction of Web3, has product leadership experience, and is great at people management. You will leverage your expertise in trust-minimized, permissionless, decentralized protocols on the blockchain to develop the case for the capabilities which should be developed, drive overall vision and product strategy, and gain leadership buy-in and investment for new capabilities.
In this role you will:
- This role will have three primary responsibilities
- Coach and mentor a team of Product Researchers, Designers, and Managers to effectively prioritize work within our venture studio and ship new protocols and decentralized applications
- Collaborate with other Workstream Leaders to ensure the Product Workstream provides all that is needed for our organization to function and vice versa
- Build a long term product strategy that delivers on our portfolio thesis, and own the execution of that strategy to launch innovative decentralized protocols
- 3+ years of direct experience in the design and implementation of public blockchain protocols
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager or engineer
- Hands-on experience with the concepts, products, and services that are driving web3 with a particular focus on DeFi including but not limited to token generation events, tokenomics, decentralization, wallets, bridges, cryptography, DEXes, identity management, fraud management, and regulatory compliance
- Experience making build vs. partner decisions in the context of a product strategy
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and a track record influencing technical and non-technical staff
- Experience managing high-performing teams
- Hands-on experience in or exposure to the Web3 industry; enough to come in with a vision for how Decent DAO and its technology can bring fundamental value.
- Experience working in an early-stage environment (either company or product) to find product-market fit.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Working schedule with at least 6 hours overlap with US time zones.
About Decent DAO
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2022 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive compensation - We believe people should be compensated well for their contributions and are proud to support thriving careers in crypto.
🌍. Work virtually anywhere - The internet has been our home since day 1. No matter where you are, WiFi is all you need to stay connected to the mission.
🌱 Grow as you go - When you’re surrounded by industry thought leaders and collaborative visionaries, leveling up is inevitable. And if there’s a conference or course that interests you, we’ve got you covered.
✈️ Team retreats - Despite our distance, we routinely take time to come together in person, nurture relationships, and make incredible memories in beautiful places.
🏖 Generous paid time off - Supporting the health and wellness of each team member is a top priority. A happy team does exceptional work. But more importantly, we care because you matter.