Aave is looking to hire an Institutional Business Director to join the team. This is a full-time position that is located in London or remote.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and passion, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products... and we're hiring!
Initially developed by the Aave Companies, the Aave protocol is open-source software that enables users to supply and borrow cryptoassets and earn interest on those assets. Recently, the Aave community launched a “permissioned” liquidity pool called Aave Arc, whereby “whitelisters” (regulated entities, such as registered money services businesses) KYC and onboard by institutional market participants.
We are looking for an Institutional Business Director to focus on meeting demands from financial institutions around how to approach digital assets. The role will expand our institutional client base and continue to educate partners about DeFi and crypto as an asset class.
This role will report to the Head of Growth.
- Become an expert in Aave’s suite of DeFi products
- Lead global institutional outreach and education efforts with institutional investors (banks, hedge funds, asset managers, fintech companies, etc) by managing both existing inbounds and originating new institutional clients
- Work with Head of Growth to create a comprehensive program to establish Aave as the preferred future DeFi partner for financial institutions
- Use reputation and expertise in the institutional financial market to establish strong relationships with institutions and regulatory decision-makers
- Identifying institutional requirements to inform new products and features
- Develop networks with decision-makers on internal teams and at senior leadership levels
- Be a spokesperson for the Aave Companies with traditional financial institutions
- 7 to 10+ years of relevant experience in financial services (buy side and or sell side)
- Passionate about crypto and decentralization with a foundational knowledge of crypto products (staking, DeFi etc.)
- Strong reputation and extensive network of US corporates, hedge funds, and financial institutions to leverage
- Existing track record in client relationship management processes and best practices
- Positive and team player attitude is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Flexible working with office based in Central London (W11)
- Private health care
- 4 weeks of paid holiday
- Front seat into position on working with decentralized financial technologies
- Guaranteed innovation-driven work environment