SuperRare Labs is looking to hire a Lead Brand Designer for its team. This position is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
About SuperRare Labs:
SuperRare Labs (SRL) is a fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent and define the art market for the digital age and to empower the artistic community. We are creators of the SuperRare platform and the SuperRare DAO, a diverse and creative ecosystem, NFT marketplace, and community for cutting edge artists and art collectors. SuperRare Labs is backed by top-tier investors (Series A in March 2021). We’re growing our team of passionate, creative people in our journey to lead the web3 movement.
Design at SuperRare Labs:
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Brand Designer to join our design family. Our design team values trust, creativity, hustle, and low ego. SuperRare Labs is largely a design-driven organization, so by joining the design team, you’ll have a seat at the table in influencing the SuperRare platform, culture, and community.
We have a slew of fun design initiatives on our roadmap. Given our position as leaders in the metaverse frontier, there are opportunities to invent entirely new design patterns. As a web3 platform controlled by its users, we’re setting the example for the kind of internet we want to see. Along the way, we’re lucky to work with an inspiring user base of the best artists in the world. We’re an all-remote company, but prefer that you have overlap with US work hours to facilitate better collaboration with our core team. The role will report to our Design Director.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Design Director to continue to evolve the look and feel of the brand of the SuperRare platform and DAO
- Lead branding for SuperRare initiatives and campaigns. Collaborate with department leads across the org.
- Invent graphic templates that enable us to create a high volume of engaging visuals across our channels. Develop and maintain a well-designed library that helps us scale
- Work with editorial team to develop the look and feel of our art magazine, including article layouts and story covers/illustrations
- Work with marketing team to drive engagement through visual content
- Work with curation team to develop exhibitions (both virtual and IRL), along with campaigns (e.g. posters and teaser videos)
- Translate explainer video scripts into storyboards for motion designers to animate
- Develop graphic systems for our videos (titles, lower thirds, etc)
- Collaborate with product designers to ensure the platform’s UI is aligned with the brand aesthetic
- Design landing pages and mini sites for special projects
- Participate in design dialogue and contribute to our culture
- Ensure our brand is maintained across all channels and touchpoints
What you have:
- A portfolio
- Incredibly strong taste, design sensibility, craft, and attention to detail
- Exquisite typographic skills
- Understanding of social platforms and how to drive engagement on these platforms
- Examples of motion work
- Comfort working autonomously in a remote startup environment
- 5+ years of professional experience as a designer
SuperRare powers / bonus points if you can demonstrate:
- Skills in 3D and/or XR
- Familiarity with basic html/css/js or Webflow
- Prior experience exploring the world of NFTs and the metaverse.
Who you are:
- A collaborator; we’re passionate about teams being more than the sum of their parts
- A truth-seeker; you have strong opinions but hold them loosely - maintaining a healthy skepticism and willingness to evolve when presented with new information
- A builder; you recognize that in many situations done is better than perfect
- A craftsperson; our work is our art, and the world needs more beauty in it
- An experimenter; you constantly iterate and publish sketches. Your portfolio and/or personal feed balances quality and quantity of visuals.
- A design entrepreneur; you can develop and pitch your own creative ideas.
SuperRare Labs exists at the bleeding edge of a vibrant digital economy seeking to empower creatives all over the world. We believe that digital art, media and crypto-networks represent the future of cultural expression. By providing the platform, tools & technology for artists to become truly independent and self-sovereign, we seek to free artistic expression & advance global culture in both the analog and digital universes.
If working at the tip of a rapidly evolving industry focused on artistic expression and community building sounds exciting to you, join us as we explore this wild frontier!