Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Lead Product Designer (DeFi) to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is to bring NFTs and DeFi to the masses and reach the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, recently launched and is available on Huobi, Gate.io, and other top exchanges (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/origin-dollar-governance).
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to lead our design efforts across OUSD. Our fully remote team is distributed around the world and features shockingly talented engineers capable of shipping cutting-edge technology and scaling it to hundreds of millions of users. We're looking to augment this team with a world-class product designer who has a desire to bring decentralized finance to consumers and institutions all over the world.
You should be passionate about crypto and have very strong UI/UX skills with experience in both desktop and mobile. Strong visual design is a plus. You will be responsible for building out the product flows on www.ousd.com as well as designing future consumer applications, including the creation of a mobile peer-to-peer payments app. In addition, you will be responsible for co-marketing and promotional initiatives that involve partnerships and integrations with other DeFi protocols, exchanges, and other third-parties. Experience with web3 applications aka DApps as a user is a must. Previous product design experience in crypto is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
The ideal candidate would be characterized as follows:
- Obsessed with solving user problems
- Holistic product designer that has strong mastery of UI, UX, visual design, and copy writing
- Data-driven and capable of taking user analytics into designs
- Ability to discern between when to quickly MVP and when to polish
- Low ego (no divas)
- Not scared of new technology or having conversations with technical PMs and software engineers
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving startup environment
- Self-motivated to get things done
- Appreciates constructive criticism
- Thinks through all the edge cases
- Has experience with crypto, particularly in DeFi and/or NFTs
- 4+ years of experience shipping software as a consumer-facing product designer
- Expert knowledge of Sketch + Zeplin/Figma for ui/ux design
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop for graphics, icons and photos
- Ability to translate business requirements into user friendly flows
- Ability to revisit and refine flows based on user data
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to set up working prototypes and gather and execute feedback on them
- Ability to easily integrate and collaborate with PMs and developers
- Ability to think outside the box and work around technical constraints/compressed timelines
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV) tokens. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply
Submit an application and include the following:
- Why you are the right candidate for this position
- Why you want to join the Origin Protocol team
- Examples of your prior work, including your design portfolio
- Links to your Twitter and/or Medium accounts and LinkedIn profile
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.