PartyDAO is looking to hire a Lead Protocol Engineer to join the team.
This is a multidisciplinary senior role. You’ll work with the entire team to guide the future of PartyBid and the Party Protocol, getting into the weeds of both high-level planning and implementation details that affect our users.
- You’ll do original and creative protocol work. PartyDAO is not another fast-follower in a vertical. We’re building for behaviors that require new mechanisms to be built from scratch.
- You’ll write and ship a lot of code. We move quickly and are not overburdened by process and meetings that get in the way of shipping.
- You’ll get to think about a range of technical problems. Amongst them:
- Inventing new governance models that enable large groups to coordinate freely without being burdened by gas costs, bureaucracy, or malicious participants.
- Handling on-chain accounting for group ownership in environments where membership may change or evolve over time.
- Building systems that allow groups to perform arbitrary on-chain actions while keeping held assets secure.
- Creating a composable protocol that can be extended as far as possible without frequent re-writes.
- Working on integrations with a variety of external protocols to make the Party Protocol a more flexible system.
- You’ll be involved with product, design, and front-end teams to ensure products integrate properly with protocol versions.
- Your code will be used by tens of thousands of users ranging from crypto experts to total beginners, and will facilitate millions of dollars of transactions.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, with 2+ years working on protocol engineering full-time
- Experience deploying and managing complex smart contracts on Ethereum mainnet
- Deep knowledge of the Ethereum virtual machine
- Ability to reason about architectural decisions and their impact on a broad system of smart contracts
- Intuition for developer experience with regards to smart contracts and interfaces
- Proficiency writing comprehensive unit tests for smart contracts
- Strong collaboration skills with protocol and frontend engineering teams
PartyDAO exists to make crypto multiplayer. We believe this technology is inherently social, with the potential to unlock new kinds of coordination that have never been possible before. To this end, PartyDAO builds software that helps groups of people coordinate together around shared goals.
As an organization, we deliberately pursue protocol work and product work side-by-side. We believe that powerful new products are created when protocol design influences product experience, and vice versa.
As we pursue this work, we prioritize building something powerful, flexible, and fun; we want our work to have an impact. To us, that also means a focus on originality - we’re not here to chase the inevitable. Instead, we aim to bring products to market that give people entirely new capabilities.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation in both USDC and tokens
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation, with a team that encourages using it
- 12 week parental leave
- Home office stipend (computer, monitor, desk chair, headphones, etc.)
- A remote-first working environment - overlap with North American time zone
- A team that values companionship and adventure
If you’re interested in hearing more about this role, please reach out at email@example.com with a resume and any relevant projects.