Polygon is looking to hire a Manager, Entertainment Web3 Partnerships to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
This role is designed to be a business development and partnership creation role for both existing and new businesses in the broader Entertainment category, focused on art, creators, generative, and social.
The ideal candidate has at least 8 years of strategy, negotiation, and pipeline management experience establishing partnerships with artists, influencers, live stream and video creators, PFP and generative NFT projects, galleries, museums, and other cultural entities that already operate in, or could cross over into, the web3 space. Experience at a consumer-centric platform working with these kinds of partners to drive their adoption of the platform is preferred but not necessary.
The Manager will employ their expertise and industry connections to grow business for Polygon. The activities include but are not limited to: identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, managing and prioritizing a pipeline, reaching out, forging partnerships, and aligning cross-functional internal resources to support the integration and onboarding of new partners to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem.
There will be collaboration with Polygon Studios developer relations, partner success, marketing, and other business development teams, as well as parent company Polygon Technology’s product groups. You will work closely with members of the extended Polygon Studios Entertainment+ BD team to strategize and prioritize potential partnerships, deploy resources, and grow third-party adoption as identified by team and broader Polygon initiatives.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a senior/mid-level role reporting to the VP & Global Head of Entertainment+ Business Development. It is a sole contributor role with room to grow into managing junior staff.
What you need to succeed
- Understand industry best practices and trends within art/creators/generative/social and advise how organizations within those verticals can join and interact with the web3 Polygon ecosystem
- Having market insights into web3 applications and concepts generally, as well as PFP and generative NFT projects specifically, is critical
- Possess knowledge of relevant industry revenue points and host discussions around complementing and enhancing success through a web3 revenue generation business model
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution
- Identify the kind of solutions required for web3 integrations and onboarding with notable players, properties, and projects in art/creators/generative/social
- Perform project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and engagement of different Polygon internal business units
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge and drive web3 adoption
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy