MakerDAO is looking to hire a Marketing Strategist to join the team.
Chronicle Labs is funded by MakerDAO and responsible for the development and adoption of the Chronicle Protocol, a decentralized blockchain-agnostic infrastructure layer for data.
Chronicle Oracles act as arbiters of trust that provide data with integrity and censorship guarantees to blockchain applications. Chronicle Oracles have been live since 2016 and secured over $10B in MakerDAO as well as other top DeFi protocols.
We are looking for a seasoned Web3 marketing lead to develop and execute our marketing strategy from scratch. You will be responsible for creating awareness around the Chronicle Protocol, building strong brand alignment between the Web3 ecosystem and our product range.
We are a lean team, so this role is for someone who enjoys being hands-on and having full ownership and autonomy over their work. You are the expert. We want to get out of your way and let you do what you do best.
What you'll work on
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy around the Chronicle brand, protocol, and its products. Ensure that we communicate the value of Chronicle in compelling and effective ways that target different audiences
- Develop key talking points for Chronicle which are integrated across all content
- Craft a high-quality and engaging content pipeline across a variety of mediums, including social media posts, newsletters, press releases, educational content, and long-form articles.
- Develop roadmaps for events, sponsorships, partner co-marketing programs, and product launches to connect with target audiences and drive growth.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to describe complex topics in ways that can appeal to multiple audience segments.
- Manage our social media channels and engage with a crypto-native audience with full ownership over Twitter content and publishing timeline
- Keep up to date with current trends both in Crypto Twitter and Web3 development.
- 4+ years of experience in marketing
- 2+ years experience in Web3 marketing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including crypto-fluency
- Excellent organizational, project management and people skills
- Ability to work autonomously, communicate, and function in a small team
You will stand out if
- Past experience executing successful marketing strategy for one or more DeFi protocols
- Experience managing social media accounts like Twitter and can explain the content and engagement strategies utilized
- Portfolio showcasing an intricate understanding of how content is tailored to different audiences
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment.
- Experience working and collaborating in a distributed digital native environment (Discord, Notion, Shortcut).
What we offer
An opportunity to work with veterans in the crypto space building on the bleeding edge of technology. Working on supporting some of the largest initiatives in Web3.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible payment options: USD / EUR / DAI
- Cryptocurrency bonuses
- 6 weeks vacation
- Remote working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Three offsites per year to meet up with the team