Polygon is looking to hire a Payments Lead - Business Enterprise to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
This role is designed to be a Business Development and Partnership Lead on Payments, for both existing and new businesses in the payments ecosystem. The ideal candidate would have BD, partnership and strategy experience in banking, consultancy or payments card industry.
- To work with a team to lead business growth for the payment industry at Polygon Business Enterprise: the activities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Designing partnership proposals
- Teaming with Polygon product teams to maintain the Polygon payments technology offerings and solution roadmap
- Develop and maintain payments ecosystem landscape and competitive analysis
- Co-develop thought leadership and team with creators to produce content on payments innovation
- Onboarding payments companies to Polygon offerings
What you need to succeed:
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the payments industry and advise how the payment card industry can interact and join the Polygon Ecosystem.
- Grow relationships in the industry and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for being onboarded in the Polygon ecosystem.
- Develop industry connections with projects that are looking to build/work on scaling solutions of Polygon through a strong understanding of Polygon Solutions.
- Account and project management experience to coordinate project onboarding on Polygon and engagement of different Polygon internal business unitsLead advanced negotiations with high-level payment companies and enterprise clients.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about payments industry, banking, consultancy or payment card industry.
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Tact and persuasive ability
- Team Working skills
- Technical literacy with foundational knowledge in blockchain
- Good oral and written communication skills: you will need to compile and present information orally, visually and in writing.
This is a mid-level role and would report to the Head of Business Development.
Polygon is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role.
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.