Polygon is looking to hire a Product Manager - Blockchain Research to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
What does the Blockchain Research Team do?
The Research team is a sub-team of our core engineering team that is responsible for leading efforts to optimize, scale and streamline our implementations. The team builds proof of concepts, research coding implementations, and runs other experiments to identify viable paths forward that solve for the most difficult challenges in blockchain technology.
You will be managing a portfolio of experiments, Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and other research initiatives. You will develop strategies/rubrics for making go/no-go/pivot decisions to maximize the impact and value of R&D work at Polygon.
You will be working closely with the Chief Protocol Architect, Sr. Research staff and the Product Management team to prioritize and organize these research items with the goal of bringing successful items into the production products. You will read white papers, interview Engineering and Product Managers and Developers, build relationships with other research teams beyond Polygon all in an effort to help inform, scope and identify opportunities for Polygon and the industry at large.
What you need to succeed:
Preferred qualifications: Experience building highly secure software and shipping new products. Experience with low latency, high availability, and real-time systems. Experience in building systems that use cryptography. Experience in distributed systems. Experience with consensus protocols. Experience with data storage optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Previous experience as a software engineer directly shipping product grade code.
- 5-7 years of experience in a technical product or program management role.
- Experience in research or working with research teams.
- Experience taking projects from Ideation/POC stage to Production.
- Experience with blockchain and Web3 technology.
- Experience building highly secure software and shipping new products.
- Experience with low latency, high availability, and real-time systems.
- Experience in building systems that use cryptography.
- Experience in distributed systems.
- Experience with consensus protocols.
- Experience with data storage optimization.
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary