Aptos is looking to hire a Product Manager, Media/Entertainment to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are looking for a Product Manager, Media/Entertainment that will lead and aid our teams as we work with some of the leading names in the media and entertainment spaces. This role will be an integral part in bringing in new and exciting products to the Aptos ecosystem.
This role is a mix of strategy, market research, entrepreneurship and working with the various Aptos teams to drive results. This is an opportunity for someone who is excited by building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Own media/entertainment product initiatives for the Aptos ecosystem: from ideation through to launch and ongoing performance analysis
- Identify stakeholder needs and turn them into product requirements
- Work closely with crypto engineering team to develop innovative solutions that provide maximum value to protocol stakeholders
- Own the product roadmap and manage the product backlog
- Work with engineering to define priorities, timelines, milestones, and sprints
- Work with the marketing & communications teams to coordinate initiative launches
- Help create and deliver technical content for the community such as blog posts, presentations, and workshops
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of product management in internet, media, entertainment or streaming industries
- Experience managing day-to-day technical direction for products, systems, or platforms of scale
- Experience building large-scale tools and applications for millions of users
- Experience leading product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Ability to translate highly technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Strong ability to interpret research/data and dissect industry trends
- Bachelors degree or higher
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?