Aptos is looking to hire a Product Manager, Nodes to join the team.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Product Manager to grow the provisioning of Aptos Nodes. This means increasing the number of performant Aptos Nodes that are online, improving the ease of set-up, as well as thinking of ways to better the way nodes are currently maintained. Aptos blockchain has multiple types of nodes including, but not limited to, Validator Nodes, Public Full Nodes, as well as Indexer Nodes. This role would also include working with major cloud providers to integrate our Nodes, as well as working with commercial entities that specialize in node provisioning to help them package up the product offering. The ultimate goal is to get our nodes as decentralized as possible, as well as serve the needs of our community (dApp builders, users etc).
You will be working with the various Aptos teams to drive results. This is an opportunity for someone who is excited by building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
- Help onboard Aptos Nodes on the marketplaces on all major cloud providers
- Improve the ways in which user can spin up nodes (From source, Terraform, Docker)
- Reduce number of steps required in provisioning, and find efficiencies
- Look into expanding the formats supported, without untowardly increasing engineering overhead. Research what new formats the community wants.
- Improve the technical guides on node set-up. Help to build tutorial, and self-service tools
- Build out the playbook for how our node partners should be optimizing node maintenance post node spin-up
- Work with Partnerships to increase the number of node partners which offer Aptos Nodes, and support them with integration. Track performance of node partners
- Working closely with engineering and other PMs to define, iterate and execute on new features
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of product management in web3, education, media, or community highly preferred
- Experience managing day-to-day technical direction for products, systems, or platforms of scale
- Experience leading product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Ability to translate highly technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Strong ability to interpret research/data and dissect industry trends
- You understand the fundamentals of the Web3 community and can drive complex projects forward with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?