Gitcoin is looking to hire a remote Senior Marketing and Brand Designer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work.
Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software projects. Our mission is to grow and sustain open source software, most commonly in web3 ecosystems. We have helped software developers raise over $50mm by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. This means, gone are the days of relying on user-extraction models to build and sustain products that are so common in web2.
We are searching for an experienced Brand Designer to join us as a full time contributor for our Marketing team in the GitcoinDAO. As we continue to grow, we are looking for someone passionate about setting creative strategy, direction, and voice for our marketing and brand efforts. Through Gitcoin’s website, Discord channels, and campaigns, you will help focus the brand and direct these marketing efforts while advancing our larger vision.
You will work closely with our marketing team to create impactful campaigns and with our leadership team to build an inspiring and timeless brand. This role reports directly to Gitcoin’s head of marketing.
This role requires a self starter who is conceptual, strategic, and innovative. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, driven by collaboration and teamwork, and has experience working in similar roles at marketing agencies and/or technology companies.
What does it mean to work for a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)?
- You can work from anywhere! Our completely distributed team spans 5 continents.
- Learn and grow with an experienced and talented team that values hard work and continuous improvement
- Flexible time off (and a culture that takes it)
- Operationally, it's more like running your own contractor/consultant business
- Culturally, it's more like working for a non-profit because we are Mission-focused
- There are elements of self management - power is shared horizontally, and you are your own boss
- Direct and design concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels, including in-product.
- Take full ownership of brand and marketing efforts by conceptualizing, coordinating, and managing your work by helping to scope, drive, and measure the success of multiple workstreams.
- Evolve the Gitcoin brand and contribute to brand strategy, while championing brand standards and design systems.
- Work with teams and departments across Gitcoin and GitcoinDAO to maintain an integrated brand experience.
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts, and work with research and strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with other teams and workstreams: including those made up of designers, growth marketers, product managers, and legal partners
- Play a participatory and influential role in driving the Gitcoin design community forward
- 6+ years of design and creative direction experience within emerging and evolving brand
- Experience building, extending, and working within a design system, with a proven track record of delivering impactful and performant work
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- A strong point of view on design direction with an openness to new ideas
- Passion for open source, blockchain, and disruptive technologies common in web3. Basic understanding of programming languages, open source software, and Github.
- Ability to efficiently work remotely and coordinate with team members and customers across many countries and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional leadership to build and implement strategic roadmaps
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, meet deadlines, and fulfill project expectations.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement