Maple is looking to hire a Senior Product Manager to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, Maple offers a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of crypto’s premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs.
The product team, in order to scale the product, will require specialists who are able to effectively manage product features for key user groups. The user groups are roughly divided between lenders/Liquidity Providers & Pool Cover Stakers and Pool Delegates & Borrowers. Each of these user groups have distinct needs which require expertise to effectively manage and ensure key metrics are being met, which leads to rapid growth.
With the delivery of our “Pools V2” upgrade, there will be a huge opportunity to build features on top of the contracts, as well as build contract modules to work with the Pools V2 architecture. It will be imperative that features built on top of Pools V2 have been prioritised, planned and most importantly facilitate growth.
You will own the development and delivery of new features for one of the user groups within the Ethereum Product, delivering cutting edge, transformative enhancements for the application of Web3 and specifically DeFi to the established Global Finance Markets. As Maple grows so will the scope of your remit and responsibilities.
The Senior Project Manager for Lenders/Liquidity Providers and Stakers should have experience with DeFi. They should know how the user experience for Liquidity Providers & Pool Cover Stakers could be enhanced as well as grown. Key things would be practical experience and knowledge having used web3 products and staking to a high degree.
The Pool Delegate & Borrower Senior Product Manager should have a background Financial Services/FinTech but have an awarness of oracle solutions, zero knowledge proofs and Smart Contract wallets.
- Prioritisation, the team will look to you to manage the feature pipeline to make sure it’s meeting the needs of users and facilitating growth.
- Fully scope new features from smart contract to user journey.
- Developing a deep understanding of current and potential user base.
- Communicate effectively with team leads.
- Developing and hitting key user metrics will be your responsibility.
- 4 to 6 years or more of product management experience
- Experience shipping products which have led to growth.
- Driven and instituted user centred processes.
- Working directly with business, tech and design leads.
- Personal experience using web3 technologies is a must.
- A bonus if you’ve Shipped Web3 Products and have experience managing teams of PMs/User researchers
What's in it for you:
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency
- MPL token allocation, giving you a stake in Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
Last but not Least!
With our current 7 lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Celcius, X-Margin and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.