0x is looking to hire a Smart Contract Engineer - Governance to join the team.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings include Matcha, the search engine for tokens and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity . All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs.Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time but we are a remote-first company and will consider your application wherever you call home.THE ROLE0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange. Since its inception, 0x was conceived as a public good governed by individuals, companies, and other entities with a shared interest in setting the rules of how tokenized value is exchanged on Web3. With broader awareness of the importance of open governance, and more best practices available, we want to take the next steps in our decentralized governance roadmap.We are looking for a smart contract engineer with a knack for open governance systems running on blockchain rails. We plan to completely refresh 0x’s governance architecture, assets, and processes. These changes need to take into account multiple factors: upgradability of 0x smart contracts, security shutdowns design and processes, community treasury(ies), and last but not least the multi-chain nature of the 0x network. We are looking for someone who can help us define and build the path forward in this cutting-edge field.
YOU’LL BE WORKING CLOSELY ALONG SIDE
A small and growing team of world-class Solidity/protocol engineers from diverse technical backgrounds, including folks who’ve done notable solo open-source Ethereum development, co-authored the ERC-721 standard, audited security-critical smart contracts across the industry, built smart contracts trusted with $Bs in token allowances, and awarded by legends like samczsun.
- Design and help us build 0x governance’s architecture, smart contracts, and processes.
- Research the latest advancements in blockchain scaling and cross-chain communication, identifying opportunities to streamline voting and governance operations the opportunities
- You’ll own our smart contract architecture and development. Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions while partnering with projects across DeFi and providing web3 developers with access to our exchange infrastructure
- Collaborate with other Blockchain engineers to ensure 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for decentralized exchange
- Research and drive high-level decisions about 0x protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- Solve greenfield challenges around liquidity, market structures, governance, multi-chain interoperability, security, and mechanism design
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Analyze transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- Experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Knowledge of the EVM, protocol governance systems, DeFi protocols, and gas optimization
- Strong communication, ownership, and collaboration skills
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack and industry
- Exhibit the core values that drive our mission at 0x: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Not the perfect fit?