Decent DAO is looking to hire a Social Media Manager to join the team.
Who are you?
You will be a key player in accelerating Decent’s mission, driving brand awareness, and building genuine relationships within our community. You will be responsible for positioning Decent’s protocols as the leading protocols within the Web3 space through building a genuine brand voice and pioneering creative campaigns.
This is remote position. You will report directly to the Marketing Workstream Leader.
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Developing social media content plans that are consistent with Decent’s brand identity
- Developing social media content plans for projects being incubated by Decent
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
- Work closely with brand team and content creators to ensure we are promoting Decent to the best of our ability
- Managing a high volume of daily social media posts
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner
- Stay on top of social media trends and hot topics, to ensure Decent has a present and active voice
- Use analytical tools to monitor and evaluate the organization’s social media presence, engagement and performance
- Create social media strategy that ladders up into marketing strategy
- Create and manage monthly reports on social media marketing efforts
- Work to develop a consistent and relevant tone of voice for Decent’s social media channels
- Social listening (including hashtag monitoring), ensuring our community is heard and action is taken where needed
- Work with the marketing team to develop impactful content, generating growth and reach within the Decent community
- Work with design to ensure a regular stream of consistent assets, relevant to the target audience and Decent brand
- Ensure community questions are answered in a timely manner and issues are appropriately addressed
- Generate monthly reports to identify areas of success and areas for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including YouTube, LinkedIn, Discord, Twitter, Telegram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Excellent knowledge of Web3 social media platforms like Mirror, Farcaster, LBRY and Lens
- Experience using various analytics software
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to tell the story of a brand’s reach by analyzing social media data
Education and Experience:
- 3+ of social media or digital media experience including planning and managing content in a corporate, or agency setting
- At least 2 years of experience managing social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Discord etc.) in the crypto/NFT space
- A deep understanding of the crypto/NFT space and blockchain technology
- Participated in a DAO community
- Outstanding communication skills
- Native English speaker, additional languages capabilities are considered nice to have
- You love memes and have experience in meme creation and a strong understanding of the culture and trends
- A self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for day-to-day tasks
- An understanding of how to leverage social media algorithms
- An eye for design with experience in Adobe Creative, or similar
- Adaptable to change, with the ability to pivot should a project change
- Experience working in a startup environment
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Able to absorb the brand and run with it
- A commitment to being detail-oriented and self-organized
- Self-directed, proactive work ethic
- Be a decent human
- Please include as many of the following as possible:
- Thought leadership pieces (crypto industry topics preferred)
- Social media posts/threads, blog posts, essays, interviews, podcasts, etc.
- Social media links
- Managed community links
- Discord, forum, Facebook group, etc.
- Note: If current/previously managed communities are not public, please share any screenshots or posts that will be helpful to show your work
- Metrics from previous community leader experiences
- Growth, engagement, retention, etc.
About Decent DAO
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2022 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive compensation - We believe people should be compensated well for their contributions and are proud to support thriving careers in crypto.
🌍. Work virtually anywhere - The internet has been our home since day 1. No matter where you are, WiFi is all you need to stay connected to the mission.
🌱 Grow as you go - When you’re surrounded by industry thought leaders and collaborative visionaries, leveling up is inevitable. And if there’s a conference or course that interests you, we’ve got you covered.
✈️ Team retreats - Despite our distance, we routinely take time to come together in person, nurture relationships, and make incredible memories in beautiful places.
🏖 Generous paid time off - Supporting the health and wellness of each team member is a top priority. A happy team does exceptional work. But more importantly, we care because you matter.