0x is looking to hire a Software Engineer — Full-Stack to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in San Francisco.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha and ZRX Portal).
YOUR ROLE AS A FULL STACK ENGINEER
0x protocol is the exchange infrastructure for the internet. It is governed by the 0x DAO community which is, in large part, composed of ZRX token holders. Other stakeholders contribute and participate in the protocol public life: 0x integrators, Market Makers, blockchain analysts, analytics products, investors, and other 0x enthusiasts. The current product suite that these audiences most commonly use includes 0xTracker, ZRX Portal, and the institutional 0x.org website. In joining the Platform team, you’ll own the end-user experience for these interfaces, giving 0x stakeholders the power to govern and benefit from the 0x open protocol.
0xTracker started off as a community-driven effort and rapidly established itself as the most reliable source of truth for 0x network adoption and growth. Is it currently visited by thousands of users daily. We have aggressive goals to make it become the reference data tool for decentralized exchange data. It will become a cornerstone of 0x’s go-to-market as well as we believe that there’s no better way to craft narratives than with data.
ZRX Portal — the hub for ZRX token holders — was launched in beta in early 2020. Here, community members can create and vote on protocol and Treasury proposals. In April, we launched a 0x Communal Treasury (worth several $M), fully governed by the ZRX holders community via the ZRX Portal. ZRX Portal currently attracts tens of thousands of 0x enthusiasts monthly.
You’ll serve as the primary owner of one or more of these products, joining a nimble but fully-fledged team (Full-Stack engineer, Designer, and Product Manager). You will enjoy ample whitespace to spread your wings and innovate, while getting guidance and support to do so effectively. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with other Front-End engineers at 0x Labs (e.g., the team working on matcha.xyz), with whom you’ll help us push forward the frontiers of web3.
We don’t care much about your experience with our stack (or any specific stack); we care far more that someone has solid fundamentals, is generally intelligent, has strong learning agility, and is an overall upstanding human. We understand it takes time to ramp, and we’re happy to invest with the right person if necessary.That said, we’re excited about the rapidly evolving tech we’re building on. It includes:
- React (we use Hooks heavily!)
- react-spring and react-use-gesture for high-performance animations and interactions
- AlchemyAPI and ethers 5.0 for interacting with Ethereum
- Vercel for continuous deployment and infrastructure
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building, testing, and shipping features that are simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable
- Own entire product suite from specification to shipping
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative tools and products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Bachelor's or equivalent
- Experience with React
- Experience with CSS/HTML
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Experience optimizing front-end performance (we take application performance very seriously)
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered for you and your family
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF, available for all team members
- Daily at-home lunch delivery in SF and additional meal reimbursements
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
Not the perfect fit?