0x is looking to hire a Software Engineer - Full-Stack (Campus) to join the team.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings including Matcha, the search engine for tokens, and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity. All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x currently supports 7 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Optimism, BNB Chain, and Celo, and the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
YOUR ROLE AS A FULL STACK ENGINEER
0x protocol is the exchange infrastructure for the internet. It is governed by the 0x DAO community which is, in large part, composed of ZRX token holders. Other stakeholders contribute and participate in the protocol public life: 0x integrators, market makers, blockchain analysts, analytics products, investors, and other 0x enthusiasts.
The current product suite that these audiences most commonly use includes Matcha, 0xTracker ZRX Portal, and the institutional 0x.org website. In joining one of our applications teams, you’ll own the end-user experience for these interfaces, giving 0x stakeholders the power to govern and benefit from the 0x open protocol.
Matcha is 0x Labs’ first consumer-facing product. Built on top of 0x API, Matcha is a meticulously designed decentralized exchange that makes it safe and easy for anyone in the world to access crypto assets. We provide users with the best prices by aggregating liquidity from all of the major decentralized exchanges and splitting/routing orders intelligently. New features in the past year include limit orders, gasless trades, and dark mode.
0xTracker began as a community-driven effort and rapidly established itself as the most reliable source of truth for 0x network adoption and growth. Is it currently visited by thousands of users daily. We have aggressive goals to make it become the reference data tool for decentralized exchange data. It will become a cornerstone of 0x’s go-to-market as well, as we believe that there’s no better way to craft narratives than with data.
ZRX Portal launched in beta in early 2020 and serves as the hub for ZRX token holders, where community members can create and vote on protocol and treasury proposals. ZRX Portal currently attracts tens of thousands of 0x enthusiasts monthly.
We don’t care much about your experience with our stack (or any specific stack); we care far more that someone has solid fundamentals, is generally intelligent, has strong learning agility, and is an overall upstanding human. We understand it takes time to ramp, and we’re happy to invest with the right person if necessary.
That said, we’re excited about the rapidly evolving tech we’re building on. It includes:
- React (we use Hooks heavily!)
- React-spring and react-use-gesture for high-performance animations and interactions
- AlchemyAPI and ethers 5.0 for interacting with Ethereum
- Vercel for continuous deployment and infrastructure
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building, testing, and shipping features that are simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable
- Own entire product suite from specification to shipping
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative tools and products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Bachelor's or equivalent by December 2022 OR May/June 2023
- Ability to write very high-quality, well-tested code
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience with React
- Experience with CSS/HTML
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Experience optimizing front-end performance (we take application performance very seriously)
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered for you and your family
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF, available for all team members
- Daily at-home lunch delivery in SF and additional meal reimbursements
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
Not the perfect fit?