Polygon is looking to hire a SPM/Director of PM (New Products) to join the team.
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
About the role
- As an SPM/Director of PM, you will be required to take ownership of the product team from the conception of products to launch for new product initiatives - with an emphasis on the mobile-first UX.
- You will play a key role in the ideation and development of products, along with the people management with your impact felt every step of the way.
- You should be able to effectively collaborate with all the stakeholders, typically engineering, design, and growth to develop and steer the product roadmap.
- Your goal is to leverage the unique capabilities of Polygon to develop experimental products that explores new use cases for blockchain technology and create solutions that delight and empower our users.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate has experience leading product teams prior, a deep understanding of the principles of product management, and knowledge of how NFTs and the Web3 industry works.
- 5+ years of experience in managing products with 3+ years of leading product teams.
- Good expertise and experience in the Mobile ecosystem, specifically at the OS/ROM level
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the blockchain space, and a knowledge and understanding of mobile first development
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Innovative: prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
- Able to think, plan, innovate and execute autonomously all the while being organized, and accountable.
Bonus points for
- Awareness of recent Web3 tech developments across the globe.
- Have worked in a team following project management methodologies such as agile
- Previous experience working in the Web3 space
What is expected
- Lead a product management team in which you motivate and achieve steady improvements in your area
- Define both long-term and short strategy and roadmap to achieve the product vision and create impact based on customer requirements and market research.
- Work with OEMs to develop a strong mobile stack and strategy, build custom ROMs on top of AOSP, etc.
- Definition, monitoring of the company's relevant KPIs, and control of the measures to achieve the objectives set
- Partner with business stakeholders, design, and engineering teams and drive an inclusive and innovation-focused culture of evaluating product ideas. Manage two-way communications with key stakeholders including senior management.
- Lead cross-functional teams, mentor younger PMs, and contribute towards building a stronger product culture in the team
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to build products that customers love. Produce high-quality product specifications, drive execution by creating mockups, conduct acceptance tests, and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver products and features on time.
You’ve got the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer & the eyes of a marketer. Now don’t go collecting these body parts. We expect you to have all of them on your own.
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
- Remote first global workforce
- Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
- Company matching 401k with 6% match
- $1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
- $2,000 Employee Development Program
- Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
- Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
- Company issued laptop