Aave is looking to hire a UX Researcher to join the team. This is a full-time position that is located in London.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring! We are looking for an experienced UX Researcher who can derive meaningful, humancentered insights that inspire and drive great design using qualitative and quantitative research methods. In this role, you will help set the standard for research practices on the Aave Companies’ design team. This includes executing research including initial product exploration and market fit, using existing prototypes, quantitative research for new features, qualitative research for unmet user needs, discovering pain points, and synthesizing research into opportunity areas and actions. You will support our UX/UI design team in the early stages of the design process with more in-depth qualitative interview sessions with users and more granular prototype/product user testing later on in the product life cycle. The research will also inform our product roadmap and guide our stakeholders/product managers in understanding what kind of new features and products our users want. You will be working in a team of 8-9 designers across existing and new products. You will be at the forefront of several industry-defining Web3 applications, working with a talented team, equally passionate about their craft, and having fun while doing their best work.
The ideal candidate has experience in IDEO-style design thinking with qualitative and quantitative research method skills. This role will report to the Head of Design.
- Establish user experience (UX) research practices within the design team.
- Ensure that you continually improve and innovate the design team’s practices to generate clear and valuable findings
- Guide the team to adopt inclusive practices and apply what they learn to design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Understand and implement user-centered design practices, and embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings.
- Ensure that team understands how digital technology affects user behavior and the challenges and opportunities for the organization.
- Determine the type of study most appropriate to target desired information.
- Translate goals into research questions and develop research plans.
- Produce qualitative exploratory research, including HCI literature reviews and market research.
- Conduct user interviews to gain insights.
- Design and execute usability tests, heuristic evaluations, user interviews, surveys, and ethnographies.
- Create personas, customer journeys, scenarios, and red routes.
- Consult and collaborate with various product development teams.
- Present findings in both written and verbal formats to various stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Determine appropriate research methods/approaches based on the underlying design challenge.
- Conduct primary and secondary design research with UX, UI, and product teams
- Prepare and present a synthesis of research findings.Discover, interpret and communicate findings, insights, and opportunities (in collaboration with UX, UI, and product teams)
- Proficiency with User Experience (UX) processes.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research, running moderated and unmoderated user testing sessions, experience with user testing platforms.
- User Research to gain insight into users’ needs and behaviors and usability testing to identify unexpected issues.
- Understanding of digital platform usability principles with a portfolio of projects to demonstrate it.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Passionate about crypto and decentralization with a foundational knowledge of crypto products (staking, DeFi, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile Team (preferably SCRUM) will be advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 - 6 years of research experience with a specific focus on Design Research (Integrate various methods to form a coherent view of overall research efforts)
- 25 days paid holiday
- Private healthcare
- Private dental care
- Pension scheme
- Gym membership in London
- Lunches/snacks/drinks included in HQ
Not the perfect fit?