Polygon is looking to hire a Vice President - Business Development - APAC to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
This role will be the APAC Business Development Leader focused on driving Gaming and Entertainment partnerships across the region.
The ideal candidate would have BD, partnership and strategy experience in AAA and Indie gaming and would be able to leverage their industry connections to grow business for Polygon. This person would also be the single threaded leader for APAC partnerships and will be Autonomous in their daily roles
To work with a team to lead Business growth for the AAA/AA and Indie gaming industry at Polygon Studios. The activities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, reaching out, forging partnerships and integrating/onboarding game creators, publishers developers and ecosystem partners such as streaming and engagement platforms to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem.
You will work closely with the PS gaming team to grow adoption and deploy resources in the gaming vertical.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior role and would report to the Head of Games BD.
What you need to succeed:
- 10-12+ years in Business Development / Gaming / Entertainment roles
- Ability to build and grow world class BD teams.
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the gaming industry and advise how game studios can interact and join the web3 Polygon ecosystem.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and Web3 gaming and concepts
- Have industry knowledge of gaming revenue points and lead discussions of moving to a web3 revenue generation business model of Play 2 Earn and Marketplaces.
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution.
- Grow relationships with AAA gaming and leading indie houses in the industry and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular gaming engines, turnkey service providers etc
- Account and project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and enragement of different Polygon internal business units.
- Be able to hold advanced negotiations with high-level gaming studios and enterprise clients to allocate Polygon Studios resources to be able to win projects.
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary