Polygon is looking to hire a VP, Accounting/Controller to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
The VP, Accounting will lead the Accounting team for maintaining the books and records of Polygon Technology and various entities within Polygon. The ideal candidate must possess a goal-oriented approach and a dynamic personality as this position interacts with business teams across the organization. You must be a high performing leader with an ability to operate in a high-growth environment with a strong technical accounting background. General crypto knowledge a must.
- Lead a small team of accountants to maintain the books and records of Polygon and its entities
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations across several financial statement areas including cash, prepaid expenses, accruals, and other assets
- Hire, develop, and train a small team of high performing accountants and AP staff
- Oversee month end close and consolidation of multiple entities and partnerships
- Research and provide guidance on technical accounting topics
- Contribute to various ad hoc projects and help with standardizing processes
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Establish and document policies, procedures and best practices across the organization
- System implementations for accounting systems, expense reporting, and AP automation
- A minimum of 8 years relevant accounting experience in a complex organization
- Public Accounting experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Working towards CPA and/or Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Previous experience with Netsuite a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adhere and meet internal and external deadlines
- Ability to work independently within a small team
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.