0x is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join the team.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings including Matcha, the search engine for tokens, and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity. All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x currently supports 7 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Optimism, BNB Chain, and Celo, and the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
WHO YOU ARE
You're excited about the opportunity to shape 0x's culture and practices. You thrive in ambiguity, and you're excited about converging on salient ideas and solutions. You're highly motivated to advance not only 0x through data, but to do the same for our growing ecosystem and the broader Ethereum community.You're experienced and comfortable with being the ultimate data guardian of your organization. You strive for excellence when it comes to establishing high standards in company data hygiene, and take proactive action to establish it. You naturally form and test theses against large data sets to help drive product decisions and company strategy. You enjoy sharing your findings and presenting them both internally and externally, tailoring your language and visualizations to the audience. Working with experimental and cutting-edge technology inspires you, and you find the process of solving problems without a known best practice motivating.The data engineering team is responsible for maintaining and upgrading the technology that extracts and processes blockchain data and exposes it to internal and external teams. You will be partnering with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Engineers to translate business needs into requirements, resulting in meaningful recommendations and actionable strategies. The ideal candidate has passion for operating in white space and building solutions from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with the Data Team, PM and Engineers to help us answer questions about problems we're facing, and translate business needs into actionable data signals
- Develop and maintain a combination of real time and batch ETL pipelines powering 0x's data sources.
- Own the public 0x Data API, that will support internal products and external integrations
- Canonicalize metrics and construct dashboards to help teams mark progress and measure success.
- Collaborate with analytics platform partners to make sure 0x data is represented accurately
- Help 0x ecosystem and broader Ethereum ecosystem by contributing to open source, publishing data sets and analyses, and establishing best practices for working with blockchain data
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or Analyst
- Experience building ETL pipelines
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other data queuing systems
- Familiarity with programming (ideally in Python and/or TypeScript/Node, but we’re flexible)
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3
- Experience analyzing, cleaning, and preparing reports with blockchain data
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience building and maintaining a Data API for internal and external useres
Benefits & Perks
💸 Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
🏥 Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
🏦 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
📞 Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
🧘🏻♀️ Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
⚖️ Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
🍽 Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
🏡 Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
👶 12-week paid parental leave
🏢 Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
🏖 Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
🤝 Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
Not the perfect fit?