0x is looking to hire a Data Scientist to join the team.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings including Matcha, the search engine for tokens, and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity. All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x currently supports 7 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Optimism, BNB Chain, and Celo, and the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
WHO YOU ARE
You're excited about the opportunity to shape 0x's culture and practices. You thrive in ambiguity, and you're excited about converging on salient ideas and solutions. You're highly motivated to advance not only 0x through data, but to do the same for our growing ecosystem and the broader Ethereum community.You're experienced in forming and testing theses against large data sets to help drive product decisions and company strategy. You enjoy sharing your findings and presenting them both internally and externally, tailoring your language and visualizations to the audience. Working with experimental and cutting-edge technology inspires you, and you find the process of solving problems without a known best practice motivating.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with 0x Labs leadership to help us answer questions about problems we're facing, and develop reports for both the 0x core team and broader 0x ecosystem
- Curate and refine appropriate data sources to power our analyses
- Canonicalize metrics and construct dashboards to help teams mark progress and measure success.
- Develop models to forecast key metrics in order to identify opportunities and problem areas.
- Help 0x ecosystem and broader Ethereum ecosystem by contributing to open source, publishing data sets and analyses, and establishing best practices for working with blockchain data
- 2+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analyst
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3/ Dune
- Basic familiarity with programming (ideally in Python and/or TypeScript/Node, but we’re flexible)
- Experience analyzing, cleaning, and preparing reports on large, diverse data sets
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience building ETL pipelines and/or Metabase
Benefits & Perks
💸 Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
🏥 Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
🏦 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
📞 Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
🧘🏻♀️ Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
⚖️ Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
🍽 Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
🏡 Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
👶 12-week paid parental leave
🏢 Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
🏖 Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
🤝 Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
Not the perfect fit?