Pocket Network is looking to hire a Marketing Operations Manager to join the team.
About Pocket Network
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
What You’ll do
Open-minded, motivated individuals that want to expand the adoption of Web3. We are a fast-moving, collaborative, and free-thinking team. We're united by our desire to fully decentralize Web3, build amazing products for our users, and create a diverse and welcoming workplace.
What You’ll do
As the Marketing Operations Manager you will directly support the growth marketing team in organizing the strategies for all initiatives coming from events. Responsible for overseeing all necessary tasks throughout the event planning process of the company. Your duties include researching relevant event opportunities in the Web3 industry, negotiating sponsorship agreements, and managing the events budget to make the most out of our resources. From selecting the venues, and managing all communications with vendors, to provide the attendees with the right information for them to attend.
In this role, you will
- Develop an “Events & Hackathon” plan with key activities, manage the budget provided by the finance team, and search for opportunities that will provide even more value than boilerplate “Sponsor/Mentor” work.
- Develop and iterate on “Playbooks” for different involvement levels of Events and Hackathons that can be used to make the process more efficient.
- Lead the logistics coordination for participating in events and introduce methods/tools to make it more efficient. This includes overseeing all documentation necessary for the event to happen successfully, such as contracts with venues, logistics agencies, vendors, policy agreements, insurance agreements, etc. and adding this to our organization’s platform for visibility.
- Ensure all forms of payments with vendors are aligned with our policies. Work with the finance team to make sure we follow up on our payments early, so we don’t end up paying premium prices for late fees.
- Keep the Sr. Growth Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing informed by preparing reports, and presentations, interpreting information and making recommendations on current and potential strategies.
- Oversee brand data, analytics, and emerging market trends together with the Analytics Manager to strategize ways to increase market share.
- Support onboarding and training of new team members, maintain a safe and secure work environment and develop personal growth opportunities for the growth team and the marketing team overall. Create a marketing onboarding playbook.
- Work with the participating team/community members to ensure the highest level of quality of interaction and follow-up is demonstrated. Being the point of contact for everyone (external and internal) who has questions regarding the details of the event. It is important to stay consistent and active through different channels such as Discord, telegram, and other socials to ensure a high-quality interaction standard.
- The principal owner of Infracon and State of the Union events, together with all official PNI Events, such as a meetup, a company/community offsite, or a larger event/hackathon.
- Report on the event's success after the event is completed. This report should be within 3 days of the event and include the previously set KPIs achieved. These KPIs will vary from each event and will be set by the branding team.
- Develop relationships with Community/Event managers across the ecosystems that we participate in.
- Collaborate, hire, or partner with contractors or agencies to scale this workstream's effectiveness. Develop a plan and propose a budget associated with this. The budget needs to be approved by the finance team.
- Accommodations, flight tickets, and event registration need to be booked by you and communicated to the attendees.
- Have regular updates on the itineraries with anyone involved in the event (Pocket team or external).
- Market knowledge/curiosity participating in legitimate Web3/crypto communities.
- Coordinating events and participation at different scales.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent research and reporting skills.
- Networking skills build Klout among other event/sponsorship managers.
- Can monitor/manage resources in such a way that we are cutting our losing bets and adding fuel to our winners quickly.
- Great communicator (text and oration)
- Leadership & facilitation skills set everyone up for success.
Benefits & Perks
🌐 Remote work
⚖️ Flexible work schedule
💸 Competitive token vesting package (to be determined upon receiving an offer)
🏖 Generous paid time off
🏫 Healthcare & Benefits
$40k – $70k • 0.1% – 0.15%