0x is looking to hire a Product Manager - Data to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in San Francisco.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g.,Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
Over the years, 0x’s Data team has accumulated welfare of data, which has proven fundamental to most product development in our internal teams. We have what it takes now to bring our data externally to our 0x API users, and 0x stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution, go-to-market, and growth of two key projects: 0x Data API and info.0x.org (fwa 0xTracker). The former is a fully-fledged family of endpoints that 0x API integrators, Market Makers and crypto analytics firms can use for their own programmatic reporting. The latter is a web3 application whose mission is to provide an accurate picture of the activity happening on the 0x network.
You will be working side by side with a team of Data Engineers, Designers, and web3 SWEs to bring these products to market and grow them into becoming a key aspect of 0x offering.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a passionate, creative, and logical person, able to decompose ambiguous problems into digestible pieces, prioritize solving them, and delegate tasks appropriately. You're adept at analyzing tradeoffs between different solutions and ideas, you aim to make the most of the resources at your disposal, and you're scrappy enough to pull together more resources when necessary. You're capable of (and enjoy) inspiring and mobilizing the teams you work with towards ambitious goals.
You have shipped products you are proud of, unlocking value for your users and success for your customers. You have a natural inclination to identify solutions to real problems, formulate plans on how to bring them to life. Once your product is shipped, you become obsessed with figuring out whether your assumptions were right. You are agile when digesting learnings, and comfortable with ambiguity.
We operate in a nascent, rapidly evolving industry. The projects you'll end up PMing sometimes demand knowledge of early, niche, and/or experimental tech, and in many cases, demand that we create such tech ourselves.
- Work with Engineering, Data, Product Management, Leadership, to develop and ship new products and services that bring accurate, reliable, and easy to digest data to 0x customers and stakeholders.
- Research and intimately understand 0x customers’ goals, needs, and pain points related to data. Translate them into short-, medium-, and long-term product roadmaps that address these problems and opportunities as they set up their operations.
- You will partner with other Product Managers already working with these customers, to integrate their offering with 0x Data API and info.0x.
- Scale our product and offerings to a global, 24/7 client-base
- Craft metrics that accurately reflect your organization's goals and work to influence them with the team
- Evaluate trade-offs between different decisions and clearly communicate these decisions to a range of different audiences
- Clearly communicate your team's priorities and product roadmap across the company, and drive consensus around any conflicts
- Be a public face for 0x when meeting with other teams, speaking at events, and/or writing external-facing materials
- At least 2 years of Product Management managing technical software products from kick-off to ship, preferably in B2B or SaaS businesses
- A passion for delivering data to users
- Familiarity using research, experimentation, and product analytics to guide decision making
- Experience shipping products with great user experiences at scale
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience working on a FinTech, Exchange, or other financial institutions (e.g. Market Maker)
- Experience shipping data products
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge about 0x and other blockchain technologies
- SQL and data crunching skills
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)