Polygon is looking to hire a Senior Director - Data to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon is looking for a Senior Director of Data to join our growing team of data engineers, data analysts and data scientists and manage the processes and people responsible for gathering and distributing analytics on Polygon’s products and users. The role requires hands-on leadership to grow a team through the early stage start-up phase into a scalable and mature organization. They will also work with the leadership in the organization, to support the data and analytics needs of the organization.
The Senior Director of Data is responsible for understanding the data needs across Polygon and to develop and execute a roadmap to maximize data capabilities, implement data infrastructure, processes and self-serve analytics tooling.
What you need to succeed:
- Develop subject matter expertise and deliver deep thinking related to Polygon’s products and the web3 ecosystem at large.
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analytics function at Polygon.
- Develop a roadmap for the data function that defines ownership and responsibility between the central data function and the functional groups.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and self-serve analytics tools that help analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
Ideal candidates have:
- 8-10 years of experience building and leading data teams.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Experience with Google Cloud Stack for Data (BigQuery, Composer, etc).
- Cross Functional empathy & strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to break complex data insights down into an exec summary format.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about DeFi, NFTs and Web3 is a plus.
- Deep understanding of L1 and L2 blockchain technologies.
- Experience with Web3 ownership, NFTs, wallets, marketplaces, etc.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy