Gitcoin is looking to hire a remote Senior Product Manager (dGrants Protocol) to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work. At Gitcoin, our mission is to build and fund digital public goods. We empower communities of builders to connect and work together to create the future of the open web. As of January 2022, we have helped developers, designers, and creators of all types raise or earn >$50mm to fund their open-source ecosystems by enabling the community and institutions to fund each other with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, or DAI.
Gitcoin built one of the first Quadratic Funding (QF) mechanisms implemented in the Ethereum ecosystem. The results of the product speak for itself. It was built in a centralized way which greatly accelerated the ability to iterate, make decisions and focus on impact through experimentation. Today, the centralized platform hosts Grants Rounds quarterly, primarily for the Ethereum community, and nearly a dozen related/reliant ecosystems. With this success as a proofpoint, we are on a mission to build and scale a distributed platform for novel funding mechanisms for the optimal distribution of capital to projects and ecosystems that build public goods.
The dGrants protocol is central to Gitcoin’s future and growth and the team is chartered with paving the way to a future where running a grants program is as easy as building a blog on Wordpress. In 2021 the dGrants team successfully built a prototype of the protocol and tested it by running an alpha round followed by a beta test round during Grants Round 13. 2022 is our year for launching a production ready protocol.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the dGrants team. This person will work directly with our internal team and most importantly, our community, to build a protocol that enables anyone to run a quadratic funding round. We are generators of coordination mechanisms; building and funding digital public goods is just one of the world’s coordination problems.
If you have experience working with teams and communities to build platforms, protocols, or other technical products for developers that support large scale adoption, this is the role for you.
- Drive product research to deeply understand what it takes to enable targeted user groups to use the dGrants protocol to run their own quadratic funding round
- Drive out clarity from ambiguity (opportunity, vision, strategy, roadmap, go-to-market) with an outcome-focused approach
- Guide and develop a prioritization framework in order to keep development efforts moving in the right direction
- Work with a globally distributed cross-functional team of engineers, designers, community managers, and more to build solutions that scale to tens of thousands of users.
- Dig into the technical weeds and have enough architectural understanding to be able to engage in meaningful conversations with the engineering team and stakeholders about trade-offs, break work down for execution, and engage with DAO governance.
- Advocate for, internally and externally, our products, our vision, our future.
- Be the voice of, and guiding light for, our community of users - describing and detailing their needs along with the progress they seek to make.
- You have a strong interest in web3 or have experience either working with decentralized product architectures or DAO-governed solutions.
- You have 5+ years of prior product management experience, ideally with some or all of it on a technical, developer-centric product.
- You have a validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams.
- You agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- You bring experience with both establishing and delivering on product roadmaps. Gitcoin operates a two sided marketplace uniting builders with web3 ecosystems - having done this for a two sided marketplace product is a bonus.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at being an advocate for the product and keeping alignment with multiple stakeholders.
- You are deeply articulate in your communication, both written and verbally.
- If you don’t already, you’re ready to live and breathe Ethereum technology and culture, staying up to date with the ecosystem. You will know what differentiates an L2 from an L1, and you understand nuance like Ethereum Scaling roadmap and the scalability trilemna.