Gro Protocol is looking to hire a Social Media Marketing Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position in London or remote.
Interested in DeFi? Heard about it but want to know more?
We are looking for an awesome Social Media Marketing Manager who can help us shout about our groundbreaking DeFi products! 🚀You should enjoy showcasing new tech and launching exciting products. This is a great opportunity to be involved from the ground up on the content and marketing of a brand new DeFi product. By leveraging decentralised finance, we're building a revolutionary product to enable normal people to get more from their money.As a key member of our Marketing team, you will be responsible for building our audience by creating engaging and thoughtful content across multiple social platforms and creating a longterm strategy to grow our audience and brand.💫
Our DeFi product that combines the technological innovation of blockchain and the best of traditional finance. We bridge the worlds of DeFi and legacy banking to create solutions that didn’t exist in either before. We believe there is a change happening for the better in the world of financial technology, and we want to be part of it!
You are joining just before our exciting and latest product launch, so will have the chance to get stuck in right at a really exciting stage of our journey. We've raised an incredible $7.1 million round from early backers of Airbnb, Coinbase and Reddit and are building a strong team as we move onwards and upwards.
Our HQ is in Soho, London so you can join us there, or work remotely.
What you’ll do
- Lead owned channels, generating witty, thoughtful and engaging written and visual content
- Simplify complex messages into simple compelling stories
- You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on production, think creatively on how you’ll spend it
- Scheduling - planning content, copy and posting plans, whilst working closely with the Founder to achieve our strategy
- Social media analytics and reporting - share regular reports with the team
- Innovate and offer new ideas to elevate social media presence
- Keep up to date with the latest social media trends and platform algorithms to ensure keeping to best practice guidelines and use of all latest features
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Highly creative and productive mentality with excellent storytelling ability to guide the audience through the journey
- Ability to generate brilliant visual content
- Create ability to generate brilliant content ideas and execute on them daily
- Ability to step into different voices of brands/products
- Experience building brand recognition in tech
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Fluency with core social media platforms; have managed social media for your company
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English (written and spoken)
- A great sense of humour! (memes, GIFs, and DeFi lexicon: WAGMI…)
- Interest in fintech, crypto, DeFi or willing to learn quickly
Extra bits that we also like to hear
- Familiarity with web analytics or metrics tools
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Knowledge of Web3 and cultural trends
- We'd love to see your portfolio - show off your brilliant work!
- Desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment with a global team
At Gro we really believe that we can have a positive impact on people around the world by challenging historical approaches and norms. In particular we think that the efficiencies made possible in financial services through technological innovation should benefit its customers more.
We obsess about customer satisfaction and building something epic together. We are building a diverse team and welcome applicants from any background.
The fun stuff!
- Compensation at Gro is competitive in today’s market and includes both salary, equity rewards and a generous pension contribution
- We have a swanky office space in Soho, London for those in commuting distance (we like to meet up now and then on Mondays or Thursdays)...BUT…
- We are remote first! Our teams are globally distributed from London to Barcelona and Berlin to Shanghai
- We are a truly multicultural team 🇸🇪🇪🇸🇺🇦🇨🇳🇬🇧🇵🇱🇩🇪🇦🇱🇦🇺🇨🇱🇮🇪
- Gro is a dynamic tech startup where ambition meets high performance - ultimately, we’re just a bunch of nice people who work hard and have a good time!
If you have an interest in DeFi or crypto, love building communities and have a talent for writing.... we would love to hear from you! ⚡
- Add your info in the Apply tab, pop in your CV (don’t worry if you have links to some of your portfolios or other pages, if they’re linked in your CV we’ll see them!)
- It’s a role where there will be lots of writing! So take advantage of our cover letter space - don’t panic, it’s just an opportunity to say hi.
- We’ll get in touch as soon as we can, and if the feeling is mutual we’ll set up a call between you and our talent team.
- Things are getting exciting now! We’ll set up a couple of chats with some of our team - we operate with quite a flat structure, so we love people to be bouncing with ideas! 💥
- If it’s a thumbs up all around, you’ll be joining us on our journey! 🙌
If you don't meet all of our requirements exactly, don't be put off! If you've got a passion for DeFi and lots of exciting experiences that you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you!